The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Mitchell’s Wool Fat should be lathered with a boar brush!

Okay. If 10 Tallow pucks isn't enough, then I'll just have to deal with it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

My wife considers 3 identical soaps to be stockpiling and when Fine said they were stopping production of their sandalwood that's what i did, despite never having finished the first one.
If Plan of Man in correct, then i need more MWF too. i suppose Tabac will be next on the chopping block!

T

My wife considers 3 identical soaps to be stockpiling and when Fine said they were stopping production of their sandalwood that's what i did, despite never having finished the first one.
If Plan of Man in correct, then i need more MWF too. i suppose Tabac will be next on the chopping block!

T
Tabac was reformulated to a vegan recipe a few years ago, so if you didn't already stockpile, you're too late.

D.R. Harris is probably next on the chopping block.

Well that failed epically...I meant to say maybe I like lathering my Fat with a badger brush.
Me too. A D01 Shavemac 2-Band. All the backbone of boar, but it's badger, so it actually holds more water and lather (for it's size) than any boar can hope to do.
IMG_1685496979144.JPEG

...On the downside, for what it sells for, I could have outfitted my extended family with boar brushes of their own.

Camwrap (U.S. based company) does still have stocks of MWF tallow formula shaving soap. They are a bit old fashioned, so no ordering availability online. You can phone in an order here:

251-405-0032

The price is $15 for two pucks of MWF shave soap. It can also be ordered in a 12 pack for a reduced price per puck, which I failed to get the price for, for which I apologize.

He doesn't know the exact date of the introduction of the shaving soap, but recalls it was in the 80's. He doesn't know what the original 1893 formula was, and always heard it referred to as "the secret recipe." Also said if "Graham were still alive, he wouldn't be happy they were reformulating the soap."

I told him that was a good price for the shave soap, and that I would be sending some business his way.

There was a time when I would sort of chuckle at the guy with 23 pucks of Williams.
Ha, try 100 pucks! (actually close to 200 if I count modern and vintage).

I've always said, the market is so finicky in wet shaving and artisans and companies come and go so often, that if you really love something, you have to stock up as there's no telling when it will be gone forever. Which is why I have so much Williams!

I've always said, the market is so finicky in wet shaving and artisans and companies come and go so often, that if you really love something, you have to stock up as there's no telling when it will be gone forever. Which is why I have so much Williams!
He says to himself trying to justify the need to own enough Williams he'd have to live to 217 to use it all.

Great... So, now I have to add a bunch of MWF to my hoard of Tabac, Fine Classic, and Williams...

What's next Arko? La Toja?

Back