The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Mitchell’s Wool Fat should be lathered with a boar brush!

Please be careful of wide sweeping opinions. I use MWF mostly with badger brushes, and have for years with great lather and much satisfaction; but that’s just my opinion.
I agree. I only started using a boar brush about a year ago. Before that, all of my MWF shaves were with a badger. I learned the technique needed to get great results. And now that I use a boar brush....I get even better results. Everyone's mileage may vary.

Will this be a MythBuster Moment? Badger, Synthetic, or Boar?

Day 1 of 3.....

Day #2 - Synthetic

I see you still have eyebrows, what's up with that? LOL

I don't think anyone has any idea, how many different scents there are? or how many different application methods there are, or ways to take the cream off your face once it's there LOL

I was just thinking? surely there's enough lather for a couple eyebrows left??

I don't shave enough to try too many. and unless I find someone with something to get rid of that they didn't like I probably don't end up with very much LOL

Since they got rid of tallow, and switched to a palm oil base (as of about two weeks ago), it can be lathered with anything now.

If you were a fan of the tallow version of The Fat, you might want to stock up. If you want to try the new stuff, Maggard's and Connought Shaving only have the new formula in stock. Other retailers are on a case by case basis. Call ahead.

As of today Amazon (US) is still shipping tallow, Amazon (UK) is not. Kent (rebadged MWF) is still tallow, but their batches lag behind MWF, so they will probably be palm based in the near future as well.

Back