The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

minimalist wallet

Who else sees @NurseDave at the register in Costco goes to pay and grabs his man "bag". Pulls out his Elton John reader glasses and looks up at the clerk and through the Plexi glass says, "I can never find anything in this damn thing." Slowly turns and offers an Altoids to the granny in line behind him since he's taking so long

Last edited by a moderator:
So much choices!

All of the good choices. FWIW I have had similar to all of these including full leather card wallets with small metal or hinged money clips. The iclip I have had for years. Sharon has in in tanned leather. All the covers are leather however the retention system for the money clip And the cards is the same mechanism and dual purpose separately. One for money on for the cards but all in one. You can place as many or as little amount of cards or cash and the retention system stays just as taught. Plus to access cards you do not have to unhook , un button anything keeping cash secure. The cards slide out and slide back in the exact spot you put them in. With the addition of the rfid card good protection as well. I would not carru any other wallet and at most loaded with 13 cards license etc and cash it is barely 1/2 inch thick. My 3 cents

All of the good choices. FWIW I have had similar to all of these including full leather card wallets with small metal or hinged money clips. The iclip I have had for years. Sharon has in in tanned leather. All the covers are leather however the retention system for the money clip And the cards is the same mechanism and dual purpose separately. One for money on for the cards but all in one. You can place as many or as little amount of cards or cash and the retention system stays just as taught. Plus to access cards you do not have to unhook , un button anything keeping cash secure. The cards slide out and slide back in the exact spot you put them in. With the addition of the rfid card good protection as well. I would not carru any other wallet and at most loaded with 13 cards license etc and cash it is barely 1/2 inch thick. My 3 cents

How can it stay half inch thick? According to Google the average credit card is .03 inches so 13 are about .4 inches. So add in cash, and wallet it has to be over .5 inch.

Oh Chad... you are right..... it is LESS than 1/2 inch. I so love proving you wrong. Thus endith the lesson
77FBBACC-C929-432E-B503-A6A8D2ED6B22.jpeg
9689AB68-A18C-48E9-B290-434EAE22796B.jpeg
67EE6108-A041-4CD7-83D9-5DA7B351AB54.jpeg

And that is with 12 CC card sized items and 13 bills.... so with less cards and less bills it is even thinner smallest width 3/8. Germans are good designers and engineers LOL, any other questions Wallet Police??

And that is with 12 CC card sized items and 13 bills.... any other questions Wallet Police??

Well those aren't all credit cards. But I will say for a non leather wallet it's not bad.

UH DUH, The cover is leather. LOL, and all the cards in there are CC width, you made me just measure them Sparky:cool:. Wallet needed some cleaning anyway HAHA

So here's the update. Everything has a rabbit hole. You can get a simple pocket wallet that apparently must use vintage leather from Neil Armstrong's moon boot lining and be stitched with the hair of the 10 more virtuous virgins from Tahiti. Or so I assume based on some of the prices from leather work shops.

I must have watched 40-50 youtube videos yesterday on pocket wallets. For a time I thought I might make KJ proud and get one that can carry some cash and pretty much all the cards I have in my wallet now. But despite how much thinner it would be than a bi or tri fold wallet, it can only be so thin based on the bulk of the cards. That's not what I want. I carry a money clip now, and basically realized I want that plus enough cards to survive if I don't have everything else with me. Basically not noticeable in my pocket. I also remembered that I now live somewhere without a garage. So I will need a key when we return to a time where there won't constantly be people in the house. So today starts round #3 of intense research. Narrowed down to wallets that: Carry cash, preferably only folded once. Are only as tall as the cash. Can hold 4 cards. Bonus points for a key slot. Aren't just a band wallet.

I shall update the interested, simply bored and those just clearing out unread threads alike.

The short list:

Andar
Duke – Strap to hold money ½ folded on one side. 2 card slots $29 4 x 3 The Duke

The Scout – Middle pocket for ½ folded money. 7 card slots. $35 4 x 3.25 The Scout

Walleteras
Solo II – Open side money slot for ½ folded money. Up to 8 cards. $28 Minimalist Front Pocket Wallet in Crazy Horse Leather - Solo II

Axess
Minimalist wallet – middle money slot for ½ folded money. Up to 8 cards. 3.1 x 4.3 $59 Minimalist wallet

Saddleback
Slim leather card wallet – two small card pockets and one 2-sided pocket for ½ folded cash. 4 x 2.75 $39 Slim Leather Card Wallet

Front pocket ID wallet – Same as above with an ID window and card slot on one side and 2 card slots on the other side $49 Front Pocket Leather ID Wallet

Back