The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

May 2022 Grand Sumo Tournament: Tokyo -Kokugikan

Tough tournament all around, tons of folks still in contention! Poor Ozeki are struggling, especially Shodai…

The man with the moobs is dominating! Buttress lots of sumo to go! Who’d a thunk most of our favorites forgot to eat their Wheaties?!

That was clearly a bad call. It was played over and over on the news later. He may be the grand poo-bah of gyo, but he’s made a few bad calls lately.

Not too sure what to expect with this tournament, but Tochi’s doing great!
This is the weirdest tourney ever! I am at the point where just let the Yokozuna win it all. All 3 Ozeki's need to go on katoban or whatever that word is, and just reset the whole think for July.

With 5 guys at 8-3, it may be a very interesting last few days. I would love to see Ura or Kiribayama win it. I am a huge fan of Ura, but I think Kiribayama probably has a better shot if Teru falters and loses 1 or 2 more.

With 5 guys at 8-3, it may be a very interesting last few days. I would love to see Ura or Kiribayama win it. I am a huge fan of Ura, but I think Kiribayama probably has a better shot if Teru falters and loses 1 or 2 more.
I’m with you on the Ura train, but I have to agree kiribayama has at least S good a chance if Teru falls.

What, no one thinks Takanosho can do it?
I completely missed that, I am behind a few days and didn't realize he is actually leading with a 9-2 record. Interesting, he is having a very good tournament so far. Hopefully I can get caught up tonight.

What, no one thinks Takanosho can do it?
That is a really good point! I for some reason overlooked that HE IS ACTUALLY IN 1st PLACE.... Currently he has better than average chances, especially with the current field of challengers. Who knows what will happen! I'd rather this than a run away winner, its definitely more exciting, that's for sure!

That is a really good point! I for some reason overlooked that HE IS ACTUALLY IN 1st PLACE.... Currently he has better than average chances, especially with the current field of challengers. Who knows what will happen! I'd rather this than a run away winner, its definitely more exciting, that's for sure!
Totally agree, the last couple of bashos have been a lot more fun to watch.

This has been a great Basho in that nothing happened as we expected. All the Ozeki are kinda weak, as is our Yokozuna. proof that on any given day (or 15 days) anyone can beat a champion.

Shodai benefited from a not so good call. It’s still good to see out Tochi getting his kachikoshii win.
here’s a link if you want to see all the second half Sumos.

Back