The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

May 2022 Grand Sumo Tournament: Tokyo -Kokugikan

I tried last time. Can't figure out what's going on. Not match wise really, just tournament wise. Don't understand what or how to watch.

You all see the announcement from Jason's sumo? Now what??

Great sumo from day one, still need to watch the Juryo matches, but the upper division was competitive and slightly predictable in a few matches. Looking forward to Chris and Jason with thier comments. Enjoy guys!

Rough day 1 for the guys at the top! Not sure how I fell about Mitakeumi new mawashi

Also been watching NattoSumo on youtube to get caught up on day 2. I'd recommend this channel. Goes through the matches commentary is in Japanese but I figure Chris Sumo will fill in what I need to know for english.

Watched day one matches yesterday. Will get caught up on day 2 and 3 this evening. Wakatakakage looked good on day 1, Terunofuji and Shodai not so good. My favorite comment on Jason's videos was - "Shodai is all set to do great the second half of the July Basho,when he is Kadoban and has to win to avoid a demotion. ". That scenario should not surprise me at all.

Dang!!! Awesome matches for day 3!! Check it out! I need to get caught up on Chris’s channel, but Natto did a great job pushing the vids out quick! Much faster than the last tournament!

Day 3 was rough for the Ozeki. While I agree with the Mono-I I think they should have done a do-over.

So it's time to say that Aoiyama might end up with a great tournament. Doing great so far.

Tochinoshin just doesn't look right this Basho. At least he got a win but its going to be hard to get to 8

Also really happy with Ura so far. He is looking a LOT better

Wakatakage is not looking like a repeat sadly.

The Ozekis looked a lot better today.

Back