The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Martin de Candre Original

Has any one used the MdC Rose or Citrus scents? Your thoughts please.
Hi Leon, I have not tried the rose scent, but I really want to! Now that I’m in my late 30s, I actually enjoy rose and other floral scents. The citrus scent(Argumes) it’s pretty light IMHO, but very nice. I ended up giving it to my father, because I already had three other tubs and it was not getting enough love. @Scuttlesoap ?

Hi Leon, I have not tried the rose scent, but I really want to! Now that I’m in my late 30s, I actually enjoy rose and other floral scents. The citrus scent(Argumes) it’s pretty light IMHO, but very nice. I ended up giving it to my father, because I already had three other tubs and it was not getting enough love. @Scuttlesoap ?
I’ve not had the pleasure of using MdC soaps - but I should put Agrumes on my list!

Now that I’m in my late 30s
My leather coat is older than you.

View attachment 82612

I don’t wear dress shoes these days, but I do have a pair of leather soled loafers I love at +40.

Couldn’t tell you how many trips to the cobbler for a half sole and heel were involved.

Wish I could still fit into my leather jacket. Got it when my wife was only my High School sweetheart.

So I broke down and bought another round of the original, Fougere, and Vetyver, along with 2 each rose and citrus. Now I have 2 each of these 5 scents. This qualifies them to become truck traveling soaps 👍🏻in my book. Should be home Wednesday. Anxious to try everything. Too bad whiskers don’t grow faster. 😢

So I broke down and bought another round of the original, Fougere, and Vetyver, along with 2 each rose and citrus. Now I have 2 each of these 5 scents. This qualifies them to become truck traveling soaps 👍🏻in my book. Should be home Wednesday. Anxious to try everything. Too bad whiskers don’t grow faster. 😢
You are probably the finest smelling thing at The Pilot.

I would be curious to know your thoughts on the original scent. I have not tried it yet.

I would be curious to know your thoughts on the original scent. I have not tried it yet.
I’ve only used the Original once and I didn’t soak the puck / jar before use in hot water. My earlier comment maybe biased. My first though was the lavender wasn’t strong enough. The lather, slickness, we’re great. Better test when I get home and soak the jar. Now that I have an abundant supply, I’ll be taking them (one at a time) on the road with me. That’ll be the real test.

I don’t wear dress shoes these days, but I do have a pair of leather soled loafers I love at +40.

Couldn’t tell you how many trips to the cobbler for a half sole and heel were involved.

Wish I could still fit into my leather jacket. Got it when my wife was only my High School sweetheart.
It takes discipline to keep the weight off but still wearing the leather jacket my girlfriend gave me almost 40 years ago

I like original scent MDC just fine, though I prefer the Vetiver.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

@
@BarberDave I think we enabled him a little bit! Good work Leon! You’ll have to tell me your thoughts on the rose!

Back