The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Luv2shave's shave journal

Beautiful! I love the case it looks great and such a variety of soap makers mugs. I'm a big fan of the seaforth and old spice mugs myself.

SR of the Day

Today was the turn of a Genco. It has been stamped "Gold Seal" on the tang on one side and the traditional "Genco" on the other side.

Honing it was pretty straight forward after killing the edge, but I think I may have hurried through the progression, the final Naniwa 12k showed some marks from the earlier hones, not a complete mirror finish.

For a change, I cut off a chunk of Cella Red Kilo block and put it in a Timeless bowl. I love Cella red for its super slickness. Its an excellent soap. A bit strong out of the box with its Marzipan scent, but mellows over time when left to air.

The razor is a hollow I think and boy it was so loud when it cut whiskers. Wow. It was an amazing experience to hear it. A good shave, but I will give it a better edge some other day and see how it goes.

Brush was a Zenith boar. Love the knot. Soft bristle tips and yet a good backbone for a face lather.

20220630_211729.jpg20220630_211759.jpg

Excellent shave! I'm a huge fan of Genco razors myself! This particular example, when found is usually a well worn razor. So, the one you have is exceptional even with the minor pitting. I've been watching for one in great condition with the original gold wash on the tang, but it's almost always rubbed off. My conclusion, the were very very good razors that people loved. I own the Easy Aces, Master Barber, & De Roma and they all shave well.

I had ordered a 10 pack of Gold Dollar 208 to learn my honing apart from the ebay uglies. Thanks to a trade dispute, I can't ship to India from China, so they were delivered to my US package forwarder and then all the way back to India.

I took out one from the box today and after dealing with the shoulder I created the bevel on the Chosera 1K. The usual progression ending on Naniwa 12k, 20 laps on cotton and 40 on leather
My toe and heel still lack some refinement in terms of an end to end edge, but got a wonderful shave with Cella Red Kilo block and a Rudey Vey 28 mm 2-band shavemac silvertip badger brush.

20220706_204435.jpg

Hi folks

Link to my Instagram. Show casing my DE and SE shaves for a few years now. Please do visit and subscribe !

hope to start putting up SOTDs of straight razors (prettier ones) soon !

Happy weekend!

Back