The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

looking for some spicy scents

I would look at some of our Artisans we have on this site:

Lisa‘s Herbal Creations: Tobacco & Bay
CBL Soaps Private Reserve
Stirling Soap Bay Rum, Stirling Spice, Intrepid Man
Mystic Waters Wind Jammer
Ethos Grooming Vanilla Safi

and on the market - take a look at Spearhead Shaving - they bought the name Seaforth (an old competitor of Old Spice back in the day) and the have three scents that would most likely be up your alley - Seaforth Spice, Heather,and Spiced Lime

ive considered using mystic waters shave soaps before but she has no aftershave splashes on her website. do you know of splashes that would pair well with her soaps. ive seen a number of scents i would be intrested in trying but have not tried them yet because there are no splashes/balms.

Some good suggestions already! Two to add that I’d consider spicy and strongly scented:

Tallow and Steel West Indies
Sudsy Soapery Citrus & Bay

Pretty similar scents, T&S is a bit more in-your-face though.

I would look at some of our Artisans we have on this site:

Lisa‘s Herbal Creations: Tobacco & Bay
CBL Soaps Private Reserve
Stirling Soap Bay Rum, Stirling Spice, Intrepid Man
Mystic Waters Wind Jammer
Ethos Grooming Vanilla Safi

and on the market - take a look at Spearhead Shaving - they bought the name Seaforth (an old competitor of Old Spice back in the day) and the have three scents that would most likely be up your alley - Seaforth Spice, Heather,and Spiced Lime
what do you normally use with mystic waters after the shave as they have no aftershaves/balms, at least i didnt see any on her website

i either use some witch hazel, or grab one of my Clubman Reserve AS. But any of the other artisans have some nice aftershaves and balms you can;t go wrong. Stirling AS is alcohol based - it is a mix of EtOH and witch hazel (both are good astringents), Ethos & CBL (some of the best out there) are more in the line of skin foods so they’ll they have additional nourishing ingredients but will be a little more expensive. Personally- I think some of the fun in shaving is mixing and matching vendors.

The Tallow + Steel aftershave is water based with organic skin foods - no alcohol. ZingarI Man is another with a reputation of one of the best after shave care - skin foods - hers does not have alcohol either. Her Nomad scent would be right up your alley.

@Spider what was that bay rum you were talking about a while back. I remember you praising about it ? He might like it. And I know you probably have some other recommendations too..

@Spider what was that bay rum you were talking about a while back. I remember you praising about it ? He might like it. And I know you probably have some other recommendations too..
No idea. I don’t have much in the way of bay rum soaps. Just aftershaves. Maybe CBL’s Iron Throne? Which is an interesting take on Bay Rum.

No idea. I don’t have much in the way of bay rum soaps. Just aftershaves. Maybe CBL’s Iron Throne? Which is an interesting take on Bay Rum.
I'm sorry I just remembered you talking about one once and you talked very good of it. I also remember there was an aftershave that was Bay Rum you said you really liked but I can't remember which one right now.. One of the reasons I tagged you though was he first mentions wanting spicy scents and I thought you said you liked spicy scents too. Of course I am probably wrong knowing how my memory has been lately !!

I'll add Sir Henry's Sundries Island Estate. It's a bayrum with some bite. Free shipping on $15+ (so a tub of soap would qualify).

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Thanks Paul I might give it a try.
Did not know they have free shipping on 15 more.
The shipping is a deal breaker sometimes.
I do like the vanilla one you gave me at Cooperstown.
Thanks and take care.

The shipping is a deal breaker sometimes.
Shipping just comes with the territory. When you’re in a hobby where the majority of your purchases are online, it’s unavoidable. I never even factor it into my decision. That said, if there is an option for free shipping, I do always buy enough to hit that threshold.

If you are looking on the Silk Road side of things I highly suggest Ariana and Evans’ Khalifa.

And if you are looking for matching scents to use with Mystic Waters soaps,I am certain you can find a match in Stirling’s line. They really do have just about everything.

A lot of the afore mentioned soaps will pair nicely with some good old fashioned Old Spice as well!

Also mentioned before that if you are interested in nourishment for your face. CBL and Ethos are among the best if not the best. I personally apply unscented CBL Aftershave Tonic after any shave. I then will apply any stinky smelling aftershave or cologne after CBL aftershave tonic has done it’s magic.

If you are looking on the Silk Road side of things I highly suggest Ariana and Evans’ Khalifa.

And if you are looking for matching scents to use with Mystic Waters soaps,I am certain you can find a match in Stirling’s line. They really do have just about everything.

A lot of the afore mentioned soaps will pair nicely with some good old fashioned Old Spice as well!

Also mentioned before that if you are interested in nourishment for your face. CBL and Ethos are among the best if not the best. I personally apply unscented CBL Aftershave Tonic after any shave. I then will apply any stinky smelling aftershave or cologne after CBL aftershave tonic has done it’s magic.
silk road has become one of my favorites at first i didnt like it, but after lathering it up it grew on me. ill check out ariana and evans khalifa and see how it smells. what exactly is CBL im not familiar with this

Back