The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Lisa would like your opinion

1. How important is eco-packaging when you purchase shaving soap:

Not important at all. I won't buy products based on how eco-friendly they are. I care more about if the product works and how well it works. I live in NY where they've banned plastic bags and soon will outlaw styrofoam including your take-out containers from restaurants. I feel that you should give folks the choice to get their stuff in eco-friendly packaging or not.

2. How often do you purchase shaving soap in puck form:

Quite often. My favorite soaps come in puck form with plastic wrap and a cardboard strip around the side.

3. If you purchase shaving soap in puck form what do you do with it in between uses?

I bought a plastic tub from the artisan that sold me the soap. Her tubs come with stickers for the soap scent which I think is classy so you don't have to write on it with a black marker or make your own label. I would not use a puck of soap that did not have a plastic container - makes no sense unless you use it in a mug. I find the plastic tubs also preserve the integrity of the soap and make the scent stay strong in between uses.

4. Of you who have purchased my pucks, what do you put them in when you shave and store them.

I've never used your soaps. I'm a loyal soap user and the pucks I buy now were from samples sent to me by the artisan maker. Whenever I buy refills, she'll send me a new sample to try. That's classy. I would try any soap if sent a sample. I usually find soaps that really work well with me and stick with those only. I don't need a lot of variety, but each one I try might very well become my new preferred soap. I'm open to try them.

5. Does a shaving soap without a "tub or jar" deter you from purchasing them?

Yes. Like your question #3 asks, what would I do with a wet and sticky puck of soap in between shaves? If you offer a tub, don't cheap out. Some makers cut corners there and anything that flexes in your hand that's as thick as a can of Copenhagen chew is way too thin for my tastes. Providing a quality tub shows that you value your product enough to "protect" it. From a marketing point of view, a shaver sees the tub empty and makes a point to reorder it. This is good for you, but no tub and it slowly fades in their memory what that soap was among the 50-100 tubs they have in their shaving den.

1. How important is eco-packaging when you purchase shaving soap:

Not important at all. I won't buy products based on how eco-friendly they are. I care more about if the product works and how well it works. I live in NY where they've banned plastic bags and soon will outlaw styrofoam including your take-out containers from restaurants. I feel that you should give folks the choice to get their stuff in eco-friendly packaging or not.

2. How often do you purchase shaving soap in puck form:

Quite often. My favorite soaps come in puck form with plastic wrap and a cardboard strip around the side.

3. If you purchase shaving soap in puck form what do you do with it in between uses?

I bought a plastic tub from the artisan that sold me the soap. Her tubs come with stickers for the soap scent which I think is classy so you don't have to write on it with a black marker or make your own label. I would not use a puck of soap that did not have a plastic container - makes no sense unless you use it in a mug. I find the plastic tubs also preserve the integrity of the soap and make the scent stay strong in between uses.

4. Of you who have purchased my pucks, what do you put them in when you shave and store them.

I've never used your soaps. I'm a loyal soap user and the pucks I buy now were from samples sent to me by the artisan maker. Whenever I buy refills, she'll send me a new sample to try. That's classy. I would try any soap if sent a sample. I usually find soaps that really work well with me and stick with those only. I don't need a lot of variety, but each one I try might very well become my new preferred soap. I'm open to try them.

5. Does a shaving soap without a "tub or jar" deter you from purchasing them?

Yes. Like your question #3 asks, what would I do with a wet and sticky puck of soap in between shaves? If you offer a tub, don't cheap out. Some makers cut corners there and anything that flexes in your hand that's as thick as a can of Copenhagen chew is way too thin for my tastes. Providing a quality tub shows that you value your product enough to "protect" it. From a marketing point of view, a shaver sees the tub empty and makes a point to reorder it. This is good for you, but no tub and it slowly fades in their memory what that soap was among the 50-100 tubs they have in their shaving den.
Sorry, that was my bad... I revived an old post asking for opinions on the "transport " of the new soap in order to talk about its release.

For what it's worth, it looks like (on her site) you can buy either the puck alone or the puck in aluminum tin. At the the razor company it only comes in the tin.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Back