The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Just checking in

They are both really nice, but I'd say the G5C is very close to a badger knot with super soft tips and the G5A is a super fine and soft, more traditional synthetic(it doesn't look as much like a badger). Both are very dense and provide a great lather!
I have a 2 bed from ap shave co. Its a 28x49mm and it has great flow through. So are either
of these lather hogs or do they have great flow through? Some recommend 2:1 ratio knot and loft, i never really understand that, because i dont know much About brushes in general. would say a 26*52 have good flow through?

I have a 2 bed from ap shave co. Its a 28x49mm and it has great flow through. So are either
of these lather hogs or do they have great flow through? Some recommend 2:1 ratio knot and loft, i never really understand that, because i dont know much About brushes in general. would say a 26*52 have good flow through?
Don't tell @Luecke3262, but I actually like my 2bed better than my G5C. I agree with everything he said, the G5C is a great looking, great feeling, all around terrific knot, but mine is a bit of a lather hog, which I don't care for. Mine are both 24 mm but I don't know what the loft is set to, I can't remember what I set them at. That being said I still think the G5C is worth buying.

Don't tell @Luecke3262, but I actually like my 2bed better than my G5C. I agree with everything he said, the G5C is a great looking, great feeling, all around terrific knot, but mine is a bit of a lather hog, which I don't care for. Mine are both 24 mm but I don't know what the loft is set to, I can't remember what I set them at. That being said I still think the G5C is worth buying.
So does loft height have something to do with 'flow through'?

So does loft height have something to do with 'flow through'?
I am not really sure , it probably effects it some, but I always equated flow through more to density. But I have never tested it and am only going by the few brushes I have that are super dense. they all seem to hang onto the lather a little more.

Just to be clear, I think the G5C looks slightly better and feels slightly better than the 2bed but it hangs onto the lather a little more in my opinion, whereas the 2bed performs slightly better for me. Bottom line is they are both great knots.

Back