The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Just checking in

Thanks for Joining us Mike we are glad to have you and look forward to seeing you post! What is your favorite Straight Razor???

Welcome!!! Its a fun bunch around here. Don't be shy. Jump right in and find out why this is the best shave site out there.

Thanks for Joining us Mike we are glad to have you and look forward to seeing you post! What is your favorite Straight Razor???
Well, i only own 6, lol i am a minimalist, but if i could take a pick it would be Filarmonica 14 1st or second generation, they are superb shavers and very nice to look at as well. The Henckles friodur is a nice blade as well, very very thinly ground. Ralf Aust makes a good modern day straight as well and it was my first razor i bought.

Well, i only own 6, lol i am a minimalist, but if i could take a pick it would be Filarmonica 14 1st or second generation, they are superb shavers and very nice to look at as well. The Henckles friodur is a nice blade as well, very very thinly ground. Ralf Aust makes a good modern day straight as well and it was my first razor i bought.
Great stuff! I also like Ralf Aust, a good friend gave me one some time ago and it shaves really well! SYNTHETICS are a revolution now days. I used to say you can't get better than a Silvertip Badger, but the new APshaveco G5A & G5C are amazing knots!!

Great stuff! I also like Ralf Aust, a good friend gave me one some time ago and it shaves really well! SYNTHETICS are a revolution now days. I used to say you can't get better than a Silvertip Badger, but the new APshaveco G5A & G5C are amazing knots!!
To beat it all, that's why i am looking into the g5c or G5A, what a coincidence:)
Whats the difference?

To beat it all, that's why i am looking into the g5c or G5A, what a coincidence:)
Whats the difference?
They are both really nice, but I'd say the G5C is very close to a badger knot with super soft tips and the G5A is a super fine and soft, more traditional synthetic(it doesn't look as much like a badger). Both are very dense and provide a great lather!

Thanks for scaring off @Mike Shults .... We're trying to show him we aren't that weird. LOL

Seriously though, we are all kinda weird.... We are on a forum where we talk mostly about shaving..
Don’t worry Matt, Mike’s been watching and been a subscriber on my YouTube for a while so he knows exactly how weird you are😂😂😂

Back