The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

I've made a strong decision I'd like to share.

...to be fair @BarberDave, you DID rather enjoy @LNHC ’d barbershop scent. I forget whether you called a true barbershop or simply felt the scent was praise worthy
I enjoy them all Chris and not knocking any of them but I wont comment anymore as I dont want to take away from Frank's thread and was just stating my professional opinion of the use of "Barbershop" some folks did not see that way apparently. I'm Out

I enjoy them all Chris and not knocking any of them but I wont comment anymore as I dont want to take away from Frank's thread and was just stating my professional opinion of the use of "Barbershop" some folks did not see that way apparently. I'm Out
Lol. I actually agree Dave, powdery sweet scents like that really aren't a traditional barbershop. Just playing with you. They are great scents though.

I'm very curious what Frank will come up with. If past experience is anything, he'll have some great soaps. Like the idea of barbershops from a variety of "cultures" (is that the right word?).

Definitely have my attention.

I will say Dave I don’t feel you derailed the thread and I very much enjoy discussing anything to do with Aromas! Also in your post on the last page you just about echoed my opinion of what the 3 different Barbershop scents I believe represent what an American, English and Italian Babershop scents would be like. The challenge I face or should I say I place on myself is to create these scents from natural sources and not synthetics! In my personal opinion that would be taking the easy way. I can clearly see the path to creating both the Italian and the English Barbershop scents and have played with them already ( see below ) where I’m still in the research stage is creating the American Barbershop scent and still use naturals! It was 1921 when synthetics first appeared. So I’m doing my research trying to find out what barbers used in American barbershops before that time period.

I have plans on quite a few collections moving forward but I won’t come out with any one of them until I feel confident and believe in what I’ve created so my apologies if I talked about a future project to soon although the ADP type scent that’s been mentioned a few times in the last few posts and is right in my personal wheelhouse as I really enjoy the brand. In fact I came up with my own version of Amalfi Di Fico as I love that scent and another ADP inspired formula that features a blend of citrus’s, Neroli and a couple of other notes that I’d have to look up in my formula book. I did it to make some bath soaps for all the guys I work with at the CBD company as they all loved the scent and asked me to make them soap.. something that gets asked a lot and honestly I don’t mind doing. It’s a great deal. I get paid for having fun making it and I never have to clean up after myself as that’s part of the deal! lol

Last edited:
Its postings like this make it VERY difficult to not buy any more shaving products. Especially ETHOS...I must resist but I dont think I can.....I am going to try some of the non-soap products on the next purchase.

Back