The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

YES!

3fff02ed6c3e6187727854c4419451a6.jpg
So funny…I actually look like that for as long as the frag lasts…amazing!

Shave #114 (918 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Penhaligon’s Sartorial to finish!

Yep, busy day indeed yesterday; lots of running around. Ended with the oldest’s second to last lacrosse game…ouch. They got obliterated. To be fair, the team they played went undefeated and took first place for their league this year.

Great shave this morning! Zero complaints and an excellent frag to top it off!

Some all staff meetings today and most of work spent at the EOL facility. Hopefully won’t be too bad of a day!

Happy Tuesday all!

Shave #115 (919 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Midweek! Glad the day of meetings is over. I did get a spot of breakfast and free lunch too though. Perks of being on two different teams. Still, it was a slog. Ended the day with a nice church group gathering.

Great shave this morning. Only a little rough spot under the chin. Otherwise superb results! A sunny day today, gonna hit around 70. So I hosed myself with some DHS!

Today will be spent running around town to various home visits. Later is the eldest’s final lacross game…then the family is home free from practices and games until summer camps hit.

Happy Wednesday all!

Shave #116 (920 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Fine Platinum EDT to finish!

Ugh, Thursday. Almost there.

Great shave this morning. Only a couple decapitated angry follicles but they sealed up quickly. Still working down this Agar soap. Still a ways to go. Finished with the Aventus dupes today…CC Venture brings the fruity pineapple and Fine Platinum the smoky birch. Mmmm.

Full day yesterday, with work and then heading straight to the final lacross game and post game team dinner. Unfortunately the season ended with another loss. Not too bad, but still a loss…and the rival team was quite aggressive, racking up fouls left and right. Fortunately no one was seriously injured.

Variety day of work today. OT workout later this evening.

Yay Thursday!

Shave #117 (921 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Amouage Portrayal to finish!

One more shift to go!
giphy.gif

Great shave this morning. Am a bit worn out from a tough OT workout, with some soreness setting in. The shave gave me some space to wake up at least and feel a little refreshed. Still got great results even though the blade is showing it’s time to swap. I’ll try to remember tomorrow. Finished up with a couple spritzes of Portrayal…less is more with this one! So good!

Starting out the day at the EOL facility…we’ll see where the wind takes me after that!

Happy Friday all!

Shave #118 (922 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Prada Luna Rossa to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress! Bit of a sleep in. OT workout, which was a bit tough, given that our previous was only 2 days ago; less time for the body to catch up. A nice bite of breakfast out…then the usual back home for chores.

Great, surprisingly bloodless warm shave this afternoon while waiting in laundry. Remembered to pop in the new blade. So we’re good to go for another 2-3 weeks! Finished with the sporty, minty citrus of Luna Rossa!

Chill day ahead. More laundry to do. Nice sunny day out and for the foreseeable future.

Have a great Saturday all!

Shave #119 (923 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Tom Ford Mandarino Di Amalfi to finish!

Bit of a rough nights sleep. The missus has been a bit under the weather.

Excellent shave this morning though! Just enough stubble to wack off to make it fun. 3 easy passes. Decided to continue the light and bright summery frag theme, so went with Mandarino today. So good!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #120 (924 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Yesterday finished up pretty well. Had a nice, even if rather expensive, dinner out for the middle child’s b-day. He’s a steak kind of guy, so we took him out to a fancy steak house. I got to have a half rack of ribs which were excellent. The meat just about literally fell off the bone when picked up. 🤤

Monday…boooo. This weekend felt especially short. Add another rough night’s sleep. Booo.

Great shave this morning at least! 3 passes, no issues. Decided to go office safe today for the frag and finish with DH ‘20.

Busy day ahead, as a number of new patients admitted to my teams over the weekend. Thankfully sports are over until summer camps, so that’s a couple things off our plates in the evenings!

Happy Monday all!

Back