The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

8mgqh9.jpg
And anyone who enthusiastically calls it Friday Eve should be burned at the stake.

Shave #103 (907 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Amouage Jubilation XXV to finish!

Oh happy day, this day of Fri!

Great shave this morning. Firing on all cylinders for excellent results! Jazzed things up a bit to send this work week out with a bang, using Jub XXV to round out the shave!

Busy day ahead, starting with a half day at the EOL facility, a commitment ceremony to preside over, then a home visit or two.

Happy Friday all! Almost to that weekend!

Shave #104 (908 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Homme 2020 to finish!

Ah Saturday. Nice sleep in, tough OT workout, then coffee and a great breakfast at a local spot. Then of course back home for chores.

Good shave, post shower. Hot water really messes with my shaves these days, but the overall effect is still nice as long as I can keep cuts and irritation to a minimum. Finished with a generous amount of DH sprays since I’m home the rest of the day.

After a nice week of sun and warmth, today and tomorrow have some grey skies and scattered rains. The middle kid has a volleyball game he’s at with mom and big bro right now. Dad and the youngest get to keep the house and get more laundry done (well I do anyway). The youngest has been on a Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares kick…so he’s watch and laughing at that.

Have a great day all!

Shave #105 (909 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Comme Des Garçon Avignon to finish!

So sore this morning from yesterday’s workout. Phew!

Great shave this morning. Same ol, same ol…great results! Decided to finish with the nice churchy incense of Avignon on this rain Sunday morning.

Have a blessed day all!

Shave #106 (910 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and Tom Ford Beau De Jour to finish!

Here we are again…the ol Monday struggle. Was getting good bits of sleep last night but just too many interruptions with winds outside and one child dealing with sniffles and a likely cold.

Great shave this morning at least, giving me some time to pry my eyes open. Decided to have at least one thing be great today…so I finished with a Fine AB combo and a spritz of TF BDJ on top! Just like the cherry on top of the fudge sundae!

Fairly open day today, with just a couple home visits. Usually that means my schedule is open for some divine reason and it’s gets stuffed to the brim with random other things that happen. Guess I’ll venture out the door to find out!

Happy Monday all!

Shave #107 (911 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Simpsons The Duke synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Captain’s Choice Venture AS, and Fine Platinum EDT to finish!

Indeed was a busy and tiring Monday. But, moving on now!

Great shave this morning! Nothing super unique…just excellence! Decided to do the Aventus dupe combo of Venture/Platinum. Went a little overboard with the EDT…hopefully I don’t get any complaints today 😂

IDT this morning and a good chunk of the work day spent at the EOL facility. Last big rivalry game for the middle son’s volleyball season at home later. Should be another busy day!

Happy Tuesday all!

Shave #107 (911 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Simpsons The Duke synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Captain’s Choice Venture AS, and Fine Platinum EDT to finish!

Indeed was a busy and tiring Monday. But, moving on now!

Great shave this morning! Nothing super unique…just excellence! Decided to do the Aventus dupe combo of Venture/Platinum. Went a little overboard with the EDT…hopefully I don’t get any complaints today 😂

IDT this morning and a good chunk of the work day spent at the EOL facility. Last big rivalry game for the middle son’s volleyball season at home later. Should be another busy day!

Happy Tuesday all!
View from the @GearNoir domicile after Chris applied his frags this morning.

giphy.gif

Shave #108 (912 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Prada Luna Rossa to finish!

Yep, busy day yesterday with work and some rousing games of volleyball after. The middle son won his matches, as did the varsity team, who not only beat another local rival school but also clinched first place in the Channel Island League with that win.

Great shave this morning. Nothing new to report. Decided to finish with the soapy lemon and mint of Luna Rossa, as it should be a warm day ahead.

Today went from relatively open work day to busy overnight with some new admits. OT workout later!

Happy Wednesday all!

Shave #109 (913 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Long work day and a tough OT workout last night make for a tired morning.

Great shave though to start the day! Didn’t mess anything up thankfully, given my bleary eyed state. Another sporty frag, day even though it’s a bit overcast out - DHS ‘19!

Today’s work day kicks off with IDT and then a number of home visits. Should be…a day.

Happy Thursday all!

Back