The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

I Coloniali shave soap COPY anyone?

CBL Soaps, Is this one out yet? Hope I didn't miss it so just checking. Thanks.
I have a small batch made (using a new CBL formula) but I’ve not yet made it widely available. Since you HAVE the real thing to compare with I would really like to send you some to test out. PM me your mailing details and I’ll try to get it out to you this week. This particular version has a very minimal about of menthol so don’t expect a cooling effect (or judge me for the lack of)

I have a small batch made (using a new CBL formula) but I’ve not yet made it widely available. Since you HAVE the real thing to compare with I would really like to send you some to test out. PM me your mailing details and I’ll try to get it out to you this week. This particular version has a very minimal about of menthol so don’t expect a cooling effect (or judge me for the lack of)
Very kind of your, sir. Thanks. PM sent.

Is the scent based on the iColoniai soap or the after-shave balm they had that apparently was supposed to match the soap scent. The reason I ask is that the scent on the balm is probably the best scent of any shaving product I've ever purchased. The soap IMHO only vaguely resembled the scent of the balm.

Is the scent based on the iColoniai soap or the after-shave balm they had that apparently was supposed to match the soap scent. The reason I ask is that the scent on the balm is probably the best scent of any shaving product I've ever purchased. The soap IMHO only vaguely resembled the scent of the balm.
They made a Rhubarb cream and matching balm, but I don't remember them having a Mango balm one to match the soap in the terra cotta dish. Could be mistaken though, it's been years after all!

I was using my old soap as a guide, so I’ll say the soap was the target. I honestly haven’t seen/tried a post shave product that was intended to match the soap scent. I will admit, as close as MY scent is to the original I Coloniali scent, it’s not spot on when smelling it from the puck. The scent really hits its stride when lathered and in the post shave “dry down”.
They made a Rhubarb cream and matching balm, but I don't remember them having a Mango balm one to match the soap in the terra cotta dish. Could be mistaken though, it's been years after all!
I think there was a cologne or aftershave labeled in a similar way, suggesting the scent matched the icoloniali soap but it never mentioned mango. And truthfully, mango is/was just an oil used in the soap and never meant to be part of the scent profile.
So is this going to be available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have sent out many samples in different soap bases but it hasn’t been for sale yet. That will change in the coming week. I will be releasing the scent in one of my premium bases.

Back