The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

I Am Going To A Deserted Island

I see that Makai made the cut, so you are good to go. That is my current favorite.
Thank you very much for your service.

I just got a heaping box of samples from Crowne & Crane. I’m hoping to establish a favorite pretty soon…

8bc0cd5318000e03e78c5c1edea439e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just got a heaping box of samples from Crowne & Crane. I’m hoping to establish a favorite pretty soon…

8bc0cd5318000e03e78c5c1edea439e5.jpg

you are going to enjoy those, I have tried just about every scent Liz makes. They are all good, I have not found a bad one. My favorite is Makai, the dup of Aqua da Gio. I also really like Amber woods, Port Royal bay rum, Ipanema, Animalia, and Palloncino. Tonight I used Cherry Ho, very nice. Good luck picking a favorite.

I definitely made a few small purchases shortly after arriving… Kinda small… Sorta small… Okay not that small..
When I was abroad, I definitely made several purchases. Some things became available that I’d never be able to find in the US. And I discovered if you don’t buy them at first sight, they will most likely be gone the next time you hit the store…

I took two of them with me. I don’t know what it is about those knots but they’re so user friendly it’s not even funny. And they feel great on the face and they make short work of pretty much any lather.

I’ve talked to Charles twice at QED. The softness of the knots is beyond compare to even the most expensive brushes on the market. Silk like, I say. The knots are not overly or densely packed like a Simpson chubby 3. Charles said this makes for better flow through of the lather in the brush. I agree.

When I was abroad, I definitely made several purchases. Some things became available that I’d never be able to find in the US. And I discovered if you don’t buy them at first sight, they will most likely be gone the next time you hit the store…

Isn’t it funny how that happens? So far I haven’t discovered anything interesting domestically but I’ll definitely keep my eyes peeled, and if I find something, I’m grabbing it!

I’ve talked to Charles twice at QED. The softness of the knots is beyond compare to even the most expensive brushes on the market. Silk like, I say. The knots are not overly or densely packed like a Simpson chubby 3. Charles said this makes for better flow through of the lather in the brush. I agree.

It took me a while to discover that flow through matters. These high density knots from companies like Chisel & Hound or Turn N Shave are so dense they take your lather and make it disappear. The QED Select brushes have no such issues, and I figured out it’s because of the low density knots that are in them.

Back