The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

I’ve been fighting it to long!

Dragonsbeard

Shave Enthusiast
Artisan Retailer
Well like the thread says I have been fighting it for to long.

I know that I’m late to the party but better late than never I guess.
I’m very surprised as I’m really enjoying this Bay Rum project as I like making homemade things from scratch. And I gotta say it smells so darn good in here in the warehouse.

So as you can see I’ve got my blend going and my graphic designer and I put together a Shave soap and Skin Food Splash label for when it’s ready for release. Hope you guys like the design.

That’s a half a gallon bottle btw and I’ve got two 1 gallon bottles coming and I’m going to do another batch. Two different Bay Rums. One more traditional and the other one with a tropical vibe to it.

Great shaves all

083EA898-48DE-472F-B15E-3D7F401C5327.jpeg

96E10145-05EA-462B-B9AA-AF6F7D1B732F.jpeg

7C5695FA-4BC5-4599-9040-06BCAA83D948.jpeg

2A6E6901-833C-42DD-A437-17DFCE2ABF7C.jpeg

giphy.gif

i'm curious will your bay rum have any cinnamon in it? i know some have cinnamon notes.
Another thing to note with Bay Rum, is that the plant is in the Myrtle Family. Clove and allspice are also in that family. Because of this, even some that don't have additional cloves or cinnamon in them, can take on some of those spicy notes.

Another thing to note with Bay Rum, is that the plant is in the Myrtle Family. Clove and allspice are also in that family. Because of this, even some that don't have additional cloves or cinnamon in them, can take on some of those spicy notes.
good to know, the bay rums i have used usually have a cinnamon note to them which i particuarly enjoy, but the notes you mentioned might be be good as well.

That's really true, I've even made the mistake of thinking it was clove before.

Yes I used Cinnamon sticks in the bottle but not Cinnamon EO or ground cinnamon. Also Added Clove, Nutmeg, fresh Ginger, a mix of Different Peppercorns and Allspice. None of them were ground but whole spices, well except for the fresh Ginger.
2.5oz of that, 4 ice cubes, 6oz of sugar cane based Coke, and a lime wedge sounds tasty.

Back