The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

HomelikeShaving CT*PT (START) Razor

You can’t do that...just don’t.
Seriously. I almost clicked that link, then I would have...

stop!

ok.. I clicked the link and it’s all in some other language (or the empty peanut butter whisky bottle is a bigger deal than thought) so we are ALL good. Not to mention the price is like 90000 something so i obviously can’t afford this thing. Sputnik space capsul? This razor? Same price.

Shiny!

Attachments

• 6713E1AA-78DC-4C68-9D80-F300CFCA2743.gif
    6713E1AA-78DC-4C68-9D80-F300CFCA2743.gif
    383.8 KB · Views: 0
Seriously nice looking razor there! Very interested in what your thoughts are!

Yesterday was an extremely long day at work. Got home very late and just was exhausted to do anything. And again, I’m heading out the door as I write this in a few minutes. But, I just wanted to give you Gents some feedback on what the shave was with the CT*PT razor & Timeless SS .95.

The razors performed absolutely flawlessly during my 3 pass shave yesterday morning. Both are smooth, efficient and amazing razors to handle. The Timeless has the finish of what a premium razor should have. Just a gorgeous mirror like polish and look that is second to none. Truly first class. The CT*PT is a notch or two lower to a Timeless in terms of finish, almost identical to a Razorock Gamechanger with it’s semi polished look. Still looks very good, just not a mirror polished like finish. After that though, it shaves every bit as good as the Timeless .95 and I believe it has a smoother face feel than the Timeless razor. The CT*PT with it’s .90 gap base plate matched the Timeless .95 in performance stroke for stroke. The Timeless does give one a bit more blade feel and the audible feedback is amazing while it’s doing its work. The CT*PT though has a lighter blade feel and a quieter sounding cutting sound. You still hear it cutting of course but, just a tad quieter than the Timeless. Using the CT*PT was very easy in attaining the angle and keeping it there at it’s optimal cutting line. Just a super smooth operator that was just very easy to maneuver around ones face. With the .90 base plate I think it would be very difficult to nic or cut oneself during a shave. The Timeless because of it’s slightly more blade feel let’s one know that although it is smooth and efficient, one false move or lazy shave stroke and it can draw blood. Never got that feeling with the CT*PT.

They are both excellent performers. Love the looks of the Timeless and it has better knurling on the handle once things get slippery. The CT*PT‘s handle is smoother feeling and has a serrated handle that’s not as grippy as the Timeless. Not a big issue as the razor never slipped out of my hands even with soap covering it. But, nonetheless I felt more sure and confident with the Timeless in my hands.

More shaves to follow with both of these amazing performers. I will put the CT*PT down a couple of days and get it on with the Timeless as it’s on loan via a pass around from a generous shave member on another site. But, I do look forward to putting the CT*PT through its paces, especially with the .90 OC plate & 1.18 SB plate. I’m looking forward to some very exciting shaves with the CT*PT in the near future. First shave in and I believe it to be a keeper for sure....

Am I missing somethign? The site says it costs 90,000 Rubles...... that's like $1400 US. Is that right?

I switch to USD and see $150 and $14-1$5 shipping from Russia
My bad, Chris said 90000 above, so when I went to the site and looked, that’s what I saw. I checked again, and it’s actually 9000, so yeah, that makes sense now.

Back