The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hello from Illinois

How I came up with my nickname BrisketGuy. I didn't, 1 year I decided to give out smoked brisket for wedding anniversaries for my congregation members at the local Kingdom Hall(church I go to). Ended up doing about 38 briskets in a year. All of the couples sent me a thank you card, but 1 couple sent their thank you card with this saying on it." Love the brisket. You'll forever be known as the BrisketGuy to us!" Yes, I hadto agree with them because my favorite thing to BBQ is definitely a brisket. Especially after doing so many.

Wow, that's a lot of brisket cooks in a year.
Definitely injoyed doing it, because 1 reason for doing it was to improve on my cooking method. Definitely got better at it with every cook. Attention to every detail was important, kept a journal for every cook. Was doing Aaron Franklin Master class and needed the practice, but loved showing my love for congestion members by sharing my love for BBQ too!

Started wet shaving in August 2022 to save on blades, but fell in love with it so became a hobby. And love Barbecueing found this forom from watching BarberDave on YouTube
Welcome to the Cadre! A lovely group of gentlemen here, you will enjoy it! I just wish there were more of us, looks like that is slowly happening!

Back