The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Heads up!

A few updates for those who are following along at home...
I have 2 bars of Orange Dirt bar soap left and maybe 6-8 bars of the Original Vetiver. Since these are in rather short supply I am inviting those interested to post or PM their interest so I can make sure you get what you want. I know @Spider wanted the OG Vetiver so he will have first option, speak up if you want in line behind him.

I made more of my original premium tallow made with wagyu tallow and hemp oil. I have a few scents prepared and will be making one or 2 more (and/or making some special orders for some). In addition to the Orange Dirt and Russian tea I have already announced and made available on my website I have the following: (I will add to my website soon)
Vintage- A woody, warm spicy scent. Pepper, Yuzu and Coriander or the top notes. Incense, Cinnamon, Rose, Virginia Cedar and sandalwood make up the middle and base of this complex, cologne-like scent. 24 tubs @$18.50 and i will have tonic and oil available. (no hemp oil in this one)
Tootsie- tart cherry, decadent chocolate, almond, metallic ink and cotton all rolled into one. The first impression might remind you of a cherry tootsie pop but the scent evolves and the dry down (post rinse) becomes more inky. Made with original premium tallow NO hemp oil. only 20 tubs @$18.50 (I can make tonic and post shave oil in this scent too)
BEE- a clone of Zoologist's "Bee" cologne. A very unique and complex scent that opens with obvious honey/beeswax notes then becomes much, much more. On the whole, this scent takes on a somewhat "metaphysical-shop" like feel. The combined notes form an incense like/inspired feel. The base notes (benzoin, vanilla, tonka bean, Labdanum, sandalwood and musk) provide a creamy, spiced-amber like background. Made with hemp oil 21 tubs @$18.50 and I have enough oil on hand to make tonic and post shave oil. *i think this will be popular so I may make more soap in the future.
Renaissance (working name, may change)- A blend of Sandalwood, Cedar, Patchouli and sage (essential oils & fragrance oils). The primary note is a creamy/slightly spicy Sandalwood, a blend of cedar oils add some depth to the Sandalwood while the Patchouli brings a fresh liveliness. The sage is barely noticed but rounds out the vibe. Nothing in this scent is overpowering, the individual notes blend nicely to impart a Ren fair like feel that can VERY easily be enjoyed through the day. 21 tubs @$18.50, tonic and oil available (made with hemp oil)
Oud Mineral- Yep...I made more. This scent is most easily described as Ocean minerals (salt spray, Ocean water), and Rich Agarwood/oud. The ocean mineral notes come from sea salt, seaweed, Ambergris and maybe a little pepperwood. This was very popular when I made it the first time, now I have 22 full sized tubs available @$18.50 and will have tonic and oil available too. made with hemp oil base.

I am considering making a small batch of Black Rose Oud, one of my original scents that was quite popular. This is an amazing darker rose scent. I am also thinking about releasing my newest revision of Sir Irisch Moos in this base (my plan is to make the SIM revision in tonsorial pucks).

My son asked me if I could make a shaving soap powder...so I am exploring THAT concept as well.
Darn you Chris!! I'm supposed to be buying things for other people, not myself!! 😟

That's why they pay me the big bucks. ;)
5ua83b.jpg

A few updates for those who are following along at home...
I have 2 bars of Orange Dirt bar soap left and maybe 6-8 bars of the Original Vetiver. Since these are in rather short supply I am inviting those interested to post or PM their interest so I can make sure you get what you want. I know @Spider wanted the OG Vetiver so he will have first option, speak up if you want in line behind him.

I made more of my original premium tallow made with wagyu tallow and hemp oil. I have a few scents prepared and will be making one or 2 more (and/or making some special orders for some). In addition to the Orange Dirt and Russian tea I have already announced and made available on my website I have the following: (I will add to my website soon)
Vintage- A woody, warm spicy scent. Pepper, Yuzu and Coriander or the top notes. Incense, Cinnamon, Rose, Virginia Cedar and sandalwood make up the middle and base of this complex, cologne-like scent. 24 tubs @$18.50 and i will have tonic and oil available. (no hemp oil in this one)
Tootsie- tart cherry, decadent chocolate, almond, metallic ink and cotton all rolled into one. The first impression might remind you of a cherry tootsie pop but the scent evolves and the dry down (post rinse) becomes more inky. Made with original premium tallow NO hemp oil. only 20 tubs @$18.50 (I can make tonic and post shave oil in this scent too)
BEE- a clone of Zoologist's "Bee" cologne. A very unique and complex scent that opens with obvious honey/beeswax notes then becomes much, much more. On the whole, this scent takes on a somewhat "metaphysical-shop" like feel. The combined notes form an incense like/inspired feel. The base notes (benzoin, vanilla, tonka bean, Labdanum, sandalwood and musk) provide a creamy, spiced-amber like background. Made with hemp oil 21 tubs @$18.50 and I have enough oil on hand to make tonic and post shave oil. *i think this will be popular so I may make more soap in the future.
Renaissance (working name, may change)- A blend of Sandalwood, Cedar, Patchouli and sage (essential oils & fragrance oils). The primary note is a creamy/slightly spicy Sandalwood, a blend of cedar oils add some depth to the Sandalwood while the Patchouli brings a fresh liveliness. The sage is barely noticed but rounds out the vibe. Nothing in this scent is overpowering, the individual notes blend nicely to impart a Ren fair like feel that can VERY easily be enjoyed through the day. 21 tubs @$18.50, tonic and oil available (made with hemp oil)
Oud Mineral- Yep...I made more. This scent is most easily described as Ocean minerals (salt spray, Ocean water), and Rich Agarwood/oud. The ocean mineral notes come from sea salt, seaweed, Ambergris and maybe a little pepperwood. This was very popular when I made it the first time, now I have 22 full sized tubs available @$18.50 and will have tonic and oil available too. made with hemp oil base.

I am considering making a small batch of Black Rose Oud, one of my original scents that was quite popular. This is an amazing darker rose scent. I am also thinking about releasing my newest revision of Sir Irisch Moos in this base (my plan is to make the SIM revision in tonsorial pucks).

My son asked me if I could make a shaving soap powder...so I am exploring THAT concept as well.

They all sound very nice, but Bee has my interest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dread Pirate Roberts scent is complete and the labels are ready. I will have the soap and tonic (and if you want, the apothecary oil too) available first thing next week. I have weekend plans so I am not going to make the soap available until I am back in town.

Here's the description so far:
"Dread Pirate Roberts" is a salty marine fragrance that follows our character’s journey from the darkest depths of the ocean to his place beside his true love, Buttercup.

Dread Pirate Roberts starts off bold and briny, with sea kelp, salty sea minerals, cucumber, mint and citrus tops notes. Fresh juniper berries, hints of real bay leaf, smoked cedar, rich Agar-woods, Sandalwood and exotic cured tobaccos provide a solid and lasting middle/base. Herbal Caraway, Vetiver and Pink Peppercorn round out the complex scent.

View attachment 63745
It is made with my Apothecary Tallow base so the performance is really good, this is a top notch formula. The fragrance oils and added Hyaluronic acid and ceramides (the ceramides more than anything) tend to soften the soap some but it shouldn't be too soft.

The fragrance is really unique, a REAL marine scent but the aftershave tonic has a wonderful complex dry down that really evolves. The first whiff from the tub or right off the lather you will get a bold blast of salty kelp. The kelp fades/blends with the cucumber, mint and sea minerals to give the impression of ocean air. It's a fun scent that is more than just a novelty.

just took a whiff of DPR out of the tub again, probably the 15th time since i got it yesterday. whoa! thats some scent! nice job CBL

Renaissance (working name, may change)- A blend of Sandalwood, Cedar, Patchouli and sage (essential oils & fragrance oils). The primary note is a creamy/slightly spicy Sandalwood, a blend of cedar oils add some depth to the Sandalwood while the Patchouli brings a fresh liveliness. The sage is barely noticed but rounds out the vibe. Nothing in this scent is overpowering, the individual notes blend nicely to impart a Ren fair like feel that can VERY easily be enjoyed through the day.
@novicewetshaver did you see this?

BEE and Renaissance are the two I'm most excited about, but will likely get all except for Tootsie.
Bee (probably will update name to BEE-Spoke just to be more creative) is unique. If you have ever had raw honey in the comb you know the scent of honey and beeswax, that is certainly a big part of the scent but there is more to it. I kind of figured that you and @OpusX would dig the Bee and Renaissance scents. Both are "mild" enough to be enjoyed by many but also bold enough to please those who love incense and patchouli etc.
Don't underestimate Tootsie, its quite creative.

I'll have everything ready to go tonight and try to get the website updated to allow purchases for all.

Back