The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Have I offended anyone?

Linux > macOS
Don't have Mac myself. Just remember seeing something about complaints with it. I'm stuck on windows because Mac is wayyy to expensive and too many workarounds to make it play well with the few things I do, and I don't have the time or knowledge to switch over to Linux even though my computer guy swears by it.
Although, I know just enough that I stuck with 7pro over the big "upgrades" to 8 or 10. Don't want anything to do with either of those messes. Too many app things. I have a phone I don't use that crap on, I don't want it on my PC too.....

Don't have Mac myself. Just remember seeing something about complaints with it. I'm stuck on windows because Mac is wayyy to expensive and too many workarounds to make it play well with the few things I do, and I don't have the time or knowledge to switch over to Linux even though my computer guy swears by it.
Although, I know just enough that I stuck with 7pro over the big "upgrades" to 8 or 10. Don't want anything to do with either of those messes. Too many app things. I have a phone I don't use that crap on, I don't want it on my PC too.....
10 is actually pretty easy to use. Linux is pretty easy too, but it's absolutely geared more towards the more technology oriented fields, although it's only as hard as you make it. Less is more for me, so I get it.

I'm offended that you left out windows 3.1!
I didn't even know what a computer was when that was released.

10 is actually pretty easy to use. Linux is pretty easy too, but it's absolutely geared more towards the more technology oriented fields, although it's only as hard as you make it. Less is more for me, so I get it.

Wife's pc has 10 on it, and I'm not a fan. She had 7 also and ended up with a 10 install when her hard drive needed replaced. She liked 7 better too. Seems like they took a lot of user control out of it, or at least made it harder to access, to "make it easier to use".

And you saved me from quoting @The Monkey I was going to say you were too young to know what that was. :ROFLMAO:

chrome os and chromium / cloud ready are not bad either... i have computers with windows, mac, linux, and chrome and i probably use the chrome based os systems more than any other. i mean the one im on right now is a lenovo 100 S chromebook. i like it because its so easy to use.... i mean they give chromebooks to kids in schools because they are so simple to use.

Last edited:
cloud ready is great because if you have an old laptop you can put it on it and "make" your own chromebook...or if you already have a chromebook that the updates are expiring on you can put it on there and continue to get updates....

I remember messing around on my Moms DOS computer a bit before we got one with windows.

Well I can't even use my age as a reason. Thanks, @uacowboy! Although we didn't get our first computer until 1999. My dad tried Windows Millenium and failed to understand how terrible it was.

Back