The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Handlebar Supply Co

mrdoug

"TSC's Shave Sales Deal Finder"
I don't see a section/forum for deals. If I missed it, would a moderator please move this? Thanks.

Received an email from The Handlebar supply company the other day. They have free shipping on any order for the month of March.

FYI - This is the US vendor with the Nuavia soap.

Sucks in on a sabbatical.

Yes I also ordered a tub of B & M Seville 10.99 sweet.

FYI also a plug for The Razor company the also carry Nuavia soap and they also offer free shipping (over 10 bucks) ALL THE TIME.

Yes I also ordered a tub of B & M Seville 10.99 sweet.

FYI also a plug for The Razor company the also carry Nuavia soap and they also offer free shipping (over 10 bucks) ALL THE TIME.

Just stopped in quickly to check out their offerings. Some good items there. As soon as my Sabbatical is done... Lol.

For whomever has been looking, The Razor Company seems to have the Fine Soap refills in stock. It's my understanding that they're discontinued... So this might be a good source, if the price is competitive. I am not an expert on Fine Soaps, unfortunately. Bought my one and only a long while ago... Can't recall the price. Still contemplating that Aquamarine, though.

Thanks for posting this and turning me on to this online store. They are now offering free shipping on all US orders. I ordered B&M Seville back in March during their free shipping in March promotion and it arrived in just a few days. I also just ordered some Fine L’Orange Noir aftershave Splash and it too will be shipped to me free of charge.
They have some great prices, the only downside is that they are running low on stock with several of their products.

Thanks for posting this and turning me on to this online store. They are now offering free shipping on all US orders. I ordered B&M Seville back in March during their free shipping in March promotion and it arrived in just a few days. I also just ordered some Fine L’Orange Noir aftershave Splash and it too will be shipped to me free of charge.
They have some great prices, the only downside is that they are running low on stock with several of their products.
I noticed that too. Probably rough restocking during the Covid pandemic.

Sent from my TRS-80 using Tapatalk

I do have to FYI they are continuing free shipping ending to be determined? This is Handlebar.
Per Maggards who dropped the free shipping on 45 bucks or more.

I do have to FYI they are continuing free shipping ending to be determined? This is Handlebar.
Per Maggards who dropped the free shipping on 45 bucks or more.
Yep Maggard's is free on $45+. Same with West Coast Shaving. However, if I'm looking for something new, I'll usually check WCS first. They ship their new items free. I have even been able to add other items onto new orders and keep free shipping, as well.

Yep Maggard's is free on $45+. Same with West Coast Shaving. However, if I'm looking for something new, I'll usually check WCS first. They ship their new items free. I have even been able to add other items onto new orders and keep free shipping, as well.

FYI NO maggards has DROPPED the free shipping on anything. I even emailed them and said it is still on my banner. He wrote back and said I was using a old catch for the web sight. And he confirmed NO free shipping.

FYI NO maggards has DROPPED the free shipping on anything. I even emailed them and said it is still on my banner. He wrote back and said I was using a old catch for the web sight. And he confirmed NO free shipping.
Wow, that's rough. Guess it's a trade-off with them switching to the minimum 3 day (I believe) shipping option. I wonder if he found too many over $45 orders lacked enough markup to make up for the lost shipping charges? It's a for profit business, he/they earn a living from it, so he definitely has to figure out what works best for him.

I like Maggard's. Brad seems really nice and is quick to respond to any questions I've ever had. Actually, so is WCS, Handlebar Supply, and many of the others. We have a good hobby here... Some great vendors, soapmakers, razor companies, etc.. Lots of good folks who bend over backwards, not to make a profit, but to drive a hobby they truly believe in and enjoy.

Wow, that's rough. Guess it's a trade-off with them switching to the minimum 3 day (I believe) shipping option. I wonder if he found too many over $45 orders lacked enough markup to make up for the lost shipping charges? It's a for profit business, he/they earn a living from it, so he definitely has to figure out what works best for him.

I like Maggard's. Brad seems really nice and is quick to respond to any questions I've ever had. Actually, so is WCS, Handlebar Supply, and many of the others. We have a good hobby here... Some great vendors, soapmakers, razor companies, etc.. Lots of good folks who bend over backwards, not to make a profit, but to drive a hobby they truly believe in and enjoy.

What you say is so true. There are so many nice vendors out there. Also The Razor Company has free shipping over 10 bucks. Also great service.
And want to put a shout out for Top Of the Chain in Canada. They have free shipping for 60 CAD. Which is about 42 bucks USD. And they do ship everything to the US.(They ship to the US out of a Niagara Falls). They have a good selection and also offer a reward program that is instant on your previous order. The only negative thing is it is about a week delay of just a bit longer. But speaking for all wet shavers we have plenty and can wait ha ha.

What you say is so true. There are so many nice vendors out there. Also The Razor Company has free shipping over 10 bucks. Also great service.
And want to put a shout out for Top Of the Chain in Canada. They have free shipping for 60 CAD. Which is about 42 bucks USD. And they do ship everything to the US.(They ship to the US out of a Niagara Falls). They have a good selection and also offer a reward program that is instant on your previous order. The only negative thing is it is about a week delay of just a bit longer. But speaking for all wet shavers we have plenty and can wait ha ha.
@gobucks5485 , thanks for the tip on the Razor Company. Grabbed a puck of soap for a good price, with free shipping.

Took a look around briefly, they have a pretty good inventory. Might have to stop back soon for another order.

@gobucks5485 , thanks for the tip on the Razor Company. Grabbed a puck of soap for a good price, with free shipping.

Took a look around briefly, they have a pretty good inventory. Might have to stop back soon for another order.

Mr Doug
He will sometimes on your receipt put a 15% off coupon good for a week. I will wait the urge till I get my shipment. Yea it gets that bad ha ha.

Thanks for the info about The Razor Company.

Got an email from the Razor company. They have a new (returned?) Noble Otter soap, for anyone interested. I believe they still have the shipping free over 10$.

Notes -

Eucalyptus, Lavender, Peppermint, Cedarwood, Vetiver, Frost.

This is some nice artwork, too, IMO.
7b162b3b52fe13fe5c36fbf3b2b11641.jpg

I ordered one today. And got a 10% off from my last order.
To my door for 14.40.
On a side note can not wait for maggard to start back free shipping over 45 bucks.
They offer so much but sucks to pay 6.99 for shipping.

I ordered one today. And got a 10% off from my last order.
To my door for 14.40.
On a side note can not wait for maggard to start back free shipping over 45 bucks.
Nice price... Good deal.

Have you heard word that they're going to do that again? I figured with the new shipping change (no ground, I believe) the freebies were a thing of the past.

That'll be nice.

If I'm placing a big enough order then $7 is in the weeds. I was a little disappointed when I learned they suspended free shipping, but $7 isn't bad, and is still less than it costs them to ship stuff. I know they probably get a break for volume shipping, but it costs me $9-$10 to ship one soap and aftershave across the country.

If I'm placing a big enough order then $7 is in the weeds. I was a little disappointed when I learned they suspended free shipping, but $7 isn't bad, and is still less than it costs them to ship stuff. I know they probably get a break for volume shipping, but it costs me $9-$10 to ship one soap and aftershave across the country.
Good point.

I shipped 2 soaps the other day, the flat rate box was $8 and change. Mind you, that's a deal, without a flat rate box it would have been higher, I'm sure.

Still, I reminisce of the days when WCS shipped most things free (other than add-on items)... No minimum. Now just a distant memory.

The postal costs have gone up so much, i'm surprised that vendors like CBL and Stirling can still afford those low flat rates. If rates keep jumping up, it won't last long.

But, ahh, the memories.

Posted on the Maggard's homepage a bit ago (oops, guess I missed this)...

"We’re finally ready to offer discounted shipping again. We now have discounts at $45+ and $75+. The discounts are outlined below.

Orders from $0.00 – 44.99
– Actual USPS First Class rates for orders < 1pound
– $6.99 FedEx 2-day shipping
– $7.99 USPS Priority

Orders from $45.00 – 74.99
– Actual USPS First Class rates for orders < 1pound
– $3.99 Discounted FedEx 2-day shipping
– $7.99 USPS Priority

Orders from $75.00+
– FREE FedEx 2-day shipping
– $4.99 Discounted USPS Priority

Thanks for your patience, understanding, and business. I hope our efforts to keep our processing times less than 1 business day have not gone unnoticed!!! "

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Back