The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

global_dev's picture book

Nice scales! Did you even out the spine, shoulder, and shank too? When I received mine that’s probably where it looked most off...it was noticeably not uniform in shape.

scales are oem, slightly wedged the spacer and repinned. This is the model with the overzealous spine arches, smileAlready had the thumbnotch. Stock photo below.

7204D664-6070-473F-9507-FD094E893EAA.jpeg

I really enjoy smiling edges, but this was off for me. The grind and edge profile leave a lot to be desired for me. probably should have sold this and moved on but i was bored and wanted to mod. I removed all the excess metal above the hone wear area, worked the shank a bit and kept a very gentle sweep on the edge.

scales are oem, slightly wedged the spacer and repinned. This is the model with the overzealous spine arches, smileAlready had the thumbnotch. Stock photo below.

View attachment 42177

I really enjoy smiling edges, but this was off for me. The grind and edge profile leave a lot to be desired for me. probably should have sold this and moved on but i was bored and wanted to mod. I removed all the excess metal above the hone wear area, worked the shank a bit and kept a very gentle sweep on the edge.
That is a wicked looking instrument.

Back