The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Gibbs Adjustables and their offspring

First shave this year with the Yaqi Brass TFC. Installed a fresh Bic Chrome Platinum and just a smooth yet efficient shave in 2.5 passes (WTG, ATG passes & buff work on the chin and Sir Adam area). Very good weight and feel though not as balanced as I would like it to be but, it gets it done. I haven’t checked recently on what these razors are going for nowadays (if available which they were not too far back) but, when I purchased this one for $120 US it was and is completely worth it. I know, there are many who complain that it’s a Chinese made razor and the detractors will find anything negative to say and spew rhetoric over it. It’s just an opinion (though quite a few that complain over the Yaqi Brass have never had or shaved with one) and all are entitled to an extent.

Personally, it’s a good razor that has for me, exceeded the quality and performance expectations of most razor products that come from China. I give credit where credit is due, they did their homework on this one.

Great day and shaves to all….

DF18AC72-3A60-4FB4-97CC-023A58897E74.jpeg

A quick plug for this awesome razor, the Taiga from HomelikeShaving. With its inspired design from the Gibbs Reglable there are similarities but, this razor goes down its own path. From very mild to extreme gap and feel, it is quite remarkable on how it still stays relatively smooth in the upper ranges including when it’s “overclocked” for lack of a better term or definition. A simple yet wonderful creation in its simplicity, design and implementation. Superbly crafted and machined to deliver easy daily shaves for the everyday user as well as the shaver that prefers shaving 2-3 times a week. And if you happen to be in the wilderness in pure survival mode for weeks at a time, once back in civilization this razor will take on a couple weeks of growth without blinking an eye. One of the best performing razors made in the last decade regardless of country of origin.

Great shaves to all….

8672D637-A940-49B6-856D-BA173F685ECF.jpeg

Back