The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Gas Prices

I wish fuel prices were higher(not necessarily by higher taxes) so we could sober up from our black goo dependency and get serious about sustainable alternatives that are better for the environment and eliminate the tragic politics of war and Faustian allegiances in the Middle East which is driven by the petrodollar system.
I think Tony took my Ottoman Empire History class. Or at least he sounds like my professor.

Our “cheapest gas” went out the window when Christie failed to fund the state pension funds and the fund used for transportation capital projects.
Yeah that whole thing was confusing and presented in very sneaky way. People who voted on both sides of that walked away finding out they actually voted for the opposite of what they wanted because of how it was worded.

Yeah that whole thing was confusing and presented in very sneaky way. People who voted on both sides of that walked away finding out they actually voted for the opposite of what they wanted because of how it was worded.

Yep. Politics makes me want to buy a cabin on a remote lake in the Adirondack Mountains and never deal with people other than ones I know and like. I realize even there it is unrealistic to think that could happen but at least the level of frequency would be reduced considerably.

Yep. Politics makes me want to buy a cabin on a remote lake in the Adirondack Mountains and never deal with people other than ones I know and like. I realize even there it is unrealistic to think that could happen but at least the level of frequency would be reduced considerably.
It didn't used to be quite this bad. Until we reform the zero sum/winner take all nature of our electorate system and halt the outgrowth of executive power that has been growing over the last five or so executives, we are doomed. This for starters.

Last edited:
Back