The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

February 14-20, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday AM 2022-02-19
Birthdate in 1816 of Louis-Guillaume Perreaux, inventor of the first motorcycle (the steam velocipede)
iKoGWSK.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/45)
Martin de Candre shaving soap
Wolfman WR2-SB 0.95/UFO Titan Fine
Personna 74 Tungsten (16)
Armani Acqua di Giò aftershave
jrUemYj.jpg

19 February, 2022

Hello Cadre! Hope you're having a great weekend. :)

The Club "The Novelist" Shave Soap / PAA "Solar Flare" Synth / Karve Christopher Bradley Razor / KAI
Alum / The Club "The Novelist 1898 + 1" After Shave Splash / Viktor and Rolf "SpiceBomb" EdT

IMG-8501.jpg

Sun 20 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor Red Imp 132
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M Cheshire Balm
Love this very nice fragrant scented soap! The lather was really creamy and slick enough...
The shave with this razor after refreshing it through the Naniwa 12k then stropped on buffalo leather was much more smoother and comfortable. 3passes for a dfs result without any issues. The aftershaves were really nice too...
20220220_115751.jpg

Pre-shave: Cremo
Lather: Chiseled Face "Sherlock"
Brush: Yaqi Timber Wolf
Razor: Henson AL13 Medium
Blade: Kai Stainless (2)
Post-shave: Omega Alum Stick and Nivea Sensitive Balm

2022-02_19_Henson-AL13.jpg

I've only recently discovered the easy mode shaving experience of the Henson razor. Honestly, I'm not sure I've ever been able to get a completely irritation free BBS shave with so little effort. The Kai blade seems to be a perfect pairing for this razor.

This is my first use of Chiseled Face. I was surprised how soft it is, definitely a croap. The amount of lather it produces from a tiny amount of soap is impressive. I added a lot of water and could have kept going. The scent isn't for me but I'll definitely be trying more of their products.

Just an all around fantastic shave. 10/10. I hope you have a great day!

Edwin Jagger DE89 Head
RazoRock 316 Super Knurl Handle
Crystal Super Platinum (3)

Yaqi Barber Pole Tuxedo Synth, 24mm

Palmolive Classic Green Shave Cream

Thayer's Cucumber Witch Hazel
Pinaud Clubman Aftershave Lotion

Have a great shave everyone
5a5cbe3483a066dd67184062da829f93.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
SOTD: 02/20/2022

1645371036696.jpeg

Razor: REX Supply Co Konsul
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 4th use
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Christmas’21 Badger
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Victory Shaving Company Flak-Bait Puck
Aftershave: Clubman Reserve Sweet Rum Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Paco Rabanne Pure XS EdT

Such an awesome shave today! The Easy Aces is such an awesome little razor too!
Any luck finding some Williams? I’ve struck out here in STL(good thing too since I’m on sabbatical)…
nope we have never had it here, once Van Der Hagen came in most of the Walgreens, CVS, Target and Walmarts switched over, now that Van Der Hagen is gone as well, there is Nuttin

20 February, 2022

Hello Cadre! Hope you're having a great weekend.

Gotta say, Fine's new shave soap isn't bad in its own right. It just had the misfortune of following their excellent triple-milled pucks. Though not as cushioning as the old ones, this soap produced a very slick, very fragrant lather. Finished with some AdP Colonia aftershave balm and a spray of AdP Colonia EdP.

Hope you're having a great weekend. :)

Fine 21st Century Shave Soap "Italian Citrus" / WWBW "Milky Way" Synth / Karve Christopher Bradley Razor
KAI / Alum / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" After Shave Balm / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC

IMG-8509.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back