The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

February 14-20, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mon 14 SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge New 1st Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Haverford Splash
A perfect soap for Monday morning. Nice aromatic scent couple with a good lather generated by the superb brush!
I finally managed to receive my dream mid-1800s Wade & Butcher Sheffield razor! Nothing else but a wedge of course...hahaha. The razor is heavy... the heaviest among all my other SRs including the Dorko. Looking at the thick wedge, I was a little skeptical with the shave...boy was I wrong. Turns out to be a gentle giant! This razor's edge from the Seller was very very smooth and comfortable on all parts of my face & neck. 3passes for a dfs result...no issues at all. Absolutely enjoyed this excellent and famous W&B razor! Aftershaves were excellent too.
20220214_103717.jpg

Standard DE SB, 2013
Gillette Nacet (4)
RazoRock 400 Plissoft Synth

A&E Kaizen, Peach & Cognac

Thayer's Peach Witch Hazel
Stirling Peach Aftershave Splash

Have a great day everyone
ce17a13378815be6c68b4932b2358177.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

14 February, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Great shave this morning. First use of "Expedition" from 345 Soap. This soap is an homage to "Safari" and they've done a pretty good job capturing the spirit of the frag. Medium-light scent strength out of the tub but becomes more pronounced upon lathering. Great lather quality for their tallow Trinity base. Great post shave face-feel. Finished with a splash of vintage Avon Öland after shave splash and a spray of Ralph Lauren "Safari" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

345 Soap "Expedition" Shave Soap / PAA "The Peregrino" Synth / Karve Christopher Bradley Razor / KAI
Alum / Vintage Avon "Öland" After Shave Splash (+Skin Food) / Ralph Lauren "Safari" EdT

IMG-8454.jpg

Standard DE SB, 2013
Gillette Nacet (4)
RazoRock 400 Plissoft Synth

A&E Kaizen, Peach & Cognac

Thayer's Peach Witch Hazel
Stirling Peach Aftershave Splash

Have a great day everyone
ce17a13378815be6c68b4932b2358177.jpg

I’ve not seen a Stirling bottle like that - is that a new style or is that an older bottle. Great shave!

SOTD: 02/14/2022

1644851437155.jpeg

Razor: Supply Co Single Edge Pro
Blade: Supply Co Single Edge Injector (Black), 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Handle
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Lakewood Soap Co Coquette Puck
Aftershave: Eyüp Sabrí Tuncer Tiras Kolonyasi No 2 Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm

I’ve not seen a Stirling bottle like that - is that a new style or is that an older bottle. Great shave!
I don't remember for sure. It seems like I purchased this 4 or 5 years ago. I have a couple of others. I also have a couple of their Witch hazels. Their Witch Hazel with Aloe bottles are different .Those might be what you have in mind too.

Last edited:
I don't remember for sure. It seems like I purchased this 4 or 5 years ago. I have a couple of others. I also have a couple of their Witch hazels. Their Witch Hazel with Aloe bottles are different .Those might be what you have in mind too.

They must switch from time to time - all my Stirlings look like the one on the left and holiday releases are usually like the ones on the right. Interesting - great shave my friend!

1644885683286.png1644885711121.png

Tue 15 SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans London
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor GEM Clog Pruf
Blade GEM PTFE 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + B&M Seville Splash
Very nice lather qualities from the soap! Very creamy and slick plus a mild pleasant scent...wonderfully whip-up by the lovely brush...
A good shave with the razor paired with this blade. 3 smooth & easy passes for a bbs/dfs finish. Aftershaves were excellent!
20220215_092005.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back