The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Favorite Mentholated or Cooling Soaps and Aftershaves

This is a new one from Barrister and Mann that is coming out soon - looks promising 😂🥶

1655588406408.png

This is apparently the menthol they are using for one batch of the soap - so unless they are making 4000 soaps per batch - this is a heck of a lot of menthol - like Hell frozen over amount…. Apparently - their Terror that they make is for sissies.

1655588900786.png

Last edited:
But hands down the coldest most Menthol is Oleo Polar aftershave. The latter not made anymore.

Agreed! Being a huge menthol fan, I have tried most. Anything Glacial from Stirling is great but that Oleo Polar is COLD! I have Artique on the way.

Any one else do this routine
1. Mentholated PAA Ice Cube/Tube pre-shave
2. Stirling Glacial soap du jour
3. Stirling Glacial aftershave du jour
4. Cryogen aftershave balm

Oh and a cold water shave

Scotty, we need more menthol!

Agreed! Being a huge menthol fan, I have tried most. Anything Glacial from Stirling is great but that Oleo Polar is COLD! I have Artique on the way.

Any one else do this routine
1. Mentholated PAA Ice Cube/Tube pre-shave
2. Stirling Glacial soap du jour
3. Stirling Glacial aftershave du jour
4. Cryogen aftershave balm

Oh and a cold water shave

Scotty, we need more menthol!
That's intense! I'm still weary of mentholated shave soaps due to an experience with a mentholated Stirling soap about 10 years ago that was so cold my face hurt and my eyes teared up. I think I'd prolly like it now, but back then I was not prepared for that experience at all...

I do love mentholated aftershaves, but I don't have anything fancy. Osage rub does the trick for me, but I am curious about others!

This is a new one from Barrister and Mann that is coming out soon - looks promising 😂🥶

View attachment 86268

This is apparently the menthol they are using for one batch of the soap - so unless they are making 4000 soaps per batch - this is a heck of a lot of menthol - like Hell frozen over amount…. Apparently - their Terror that they make is for sissies.

View attachment 86271
Looks like a new design on the Arctique soap cover.

View attachment 86268

View attachment 86271
The story on this is about a year ago I asked Will if he would ever bring back Arctique? He said pretty quick (it was a Facebook live) NO.
Flash to this year the synthetic coolant for terror price was a
way out of line and supply low.
So he gave in and made Arctique. Said it was colder.
His original one was mid line in coldness.
Expecting mine this week and will give a full report.

The story on this is about a year ago I asked Will if he would ever bring back Arctique? He said pretty quick (it was a Facebook live) NO.
Flash to this year the synthetic coolant for terror price was a
way out of line and supply low.
So he gave in and made Arctique. Said it was colder.
His original one was mid line in coldness.
Expecting mine this week and will give a full report.
Oh, what a difference a year makes!

I wanted to report back after using Arctique Monday morning.
I have about all the menthol blast sets and a few other odds and ends that are very good.
Arctique did not disappoint at all.
The soap with its awesome soap base was a 7/10 strength.
The aftershave was every stronger I would say 8.5/10.
Scent is very good not overwhelming. And menthol staying will be a good 30 min.
If you ever get a chance do yourself a favor and order directly from B&M sight. There packaging is 2nd to none.
Me and @Mr Menthol usually give reviews about Menthol related items and we both gave it the same grades.
Hope this helped.

Back