The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Favorite Mentholated or Cooling Soaps and Aftershaves

The only mentholated soap I have is an old tub of Proraso Green. For AS I’ve got a couple Fines and Osage.

Menthol feels more like a novelty for me right now and the effects aren’t long lasting for me so I don’t give it much thought when buying.

The most mentholated thing I have is probably an original formula Fine Platinum AS…it’s so cold it hurts sometimes and my eyes water 😂 but the effect only seems to last for 5-10 minutes.

The only mentholated soap I have is an old tub of Proraso Green. For AS I’ve got a couple Fines and Osage.

Menthol feels more like a novelty for me right now and the effects aren’t long lasting for me so I don’t give it much thought when buying.

The most mentholated thing I have is probably an original formula Fine Platinum AS…it’s so cold it hurts sometimes and my eyes water 😂 but the effect only seems to last for 5-10 minutes.
I found it my synthetic Menthol and cooling agents last at least an hour or more. The terrorade that I use has even more staying power - At least four hours and sometimes the whole day. I’m not sure what about synthetic components are different than menthol crystals

CBLs Ghost line is also fantastic. One version he used 2 synthetic cooling agents, one that hits right away, and one that slowly builds and lasts longer. It’s fantastic. Ghost Dragon’s Blood is one of my favorites.

CBLs Ghost line is also fantastic. One version he used 2 synthetic cooling agents, one that hits right away, and one that slowly builds and lasts longer. It’s fantastic. Ghost Dragon’s Blood is one of my favorites.
Aidan loves his CBL Grape Soda which has a nice touch of menthol as well!

I would say a few are my favorite.
Really anything glacier aftershave from Stirling is good talking verity.
Wet the face cold fusion set is really good. Menthol crystals on top.
But hands down the coldest most Menthol is Oleo Polar aftershave. The latter not made anymore.

I would say a few are my favorite.
Really anything glacier aftershave from Stirling is good talking verity.
Wet the face cold fusion set is really good. Menthol crystals on top.
But hands down the coldest most Menthol is Oleo Polar aftershave. The latter not made anymore.
I have the WTF Cold Fusion AS - it is freezing!

Good point about the novelty. I never liked it in soap, but when I first started wet shaving, took it as a necessity for after shave. After getting used to using water based aftershaves, I don’t think much about needed menthol, but like it when I use it. Especially in the heat, but it’s actually also fun sometimes on really cold days, almost has the reverse effect for me.

Mennen Skin-Bracer and Aqua Velva have always worked for me. Stirling's Glacial products to me good, especially in those humid days. They hit me hard at first(OOOHHWHATSHAPPENING?), but I find I am a little more used to them now that before.

Back