The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Eyebrow tutorial request

Short tutorial will be in my shave video later. Will do a better one at the shop some time

@BarberDave I'm one guy that can get some bushy eyebrows and I'm also hairy like an ape, thanks to my dad's genetics. Haha.
That's some good information that I never would have heard otherwise, I also enjoyed that, thanks for that.
Thank you sir

@BarberDave I'm one guy that can get some bushy eyebrows and I'm also hairy like an ape, thanks to my dad's genetics. Haha.
That's some good information that I never would have heard otherwise, I also enjoyed that, thanks for that.
That's what I was thinking while watching this... Some awesome sciencey facts I never knew (but feel like someone should have told me years ago, lol).

Thanks @BarberDave !

As a man who has eyebrow hair that grows thicker than wire brushes and faster than any other place on my body...think of this guy...

View attachment 29112

I have had my eyebrows waxed...and it sucks...I mean it sucks really bad! I have tried tweezing...and it is worse than pulling deep-seated ingrown nose hair out of the most sensitive parts of your nose. Ain't no way and no how am I plucking or waxing my eyebrows ever again. That just plain ol' sucks! When I get my hair cut I have the barber give it a trim and in-between hair chops I use a small set of clippers to trim them myself to ensure that each brow does not want to communicate with the other (I make sure I don't have a unibrow). Occasionally, I slow the spread of my eyebrows taking over my entire head and trim the path of contagion (I make sure that the eyebrows stay eyebrows and don't spread to the rest of the forehead).

Don't listen to these so called professionals...believe me...I come from a sordid history of mountain men, Vikings, brutes of the field, and just generally...white trash. 🤪
I have plucked the very same nose hairs you speak of ...the ones that are firmly attached to the backs of the eyeballs and plucking causes the eyeballs to spin within their sockets for several seconds while tears stream freely down your cheek. Having had my back waxed (by my evil aunt who LIED ...I should have known as she laughed hysterically while applying the waxed cloth to my back) and having recently had wax sticks stuck within my nose, I know better than to wax or pluck my brow. I simply raise them in an expression of utter surprise and shave downward between them with a loaded injector razor for that perfect separation. They are easily tamed freehand with scissors or by running my 1/8” clipper blade over them from temple to center.

But I still think the PROPER way to care for YOUR bushy brows is to wax them liberally, andto do soon video for all to see.

Back