The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

ETHOS - Another name the product contest!

Dragonsbeard

Shave Enthusiast
Artisan Retailer
Hi Guys

Ok we are back again in the same spot.. I've been trying to find a name for one of the 4 new products that will be coming out very soon and before I get the labels printed I've to to have a name. So this contest is for naming the Hyaluronic acid gel serum in the photo below. It is basically a post shave product but it can be used anytime one needs hydration and it can be used on the whole face and neck not just the area you shave. So I know it's going in the PURE Collection as the product will be unscented. WIth that said it is one of 2 products for starters that I will be doing custom scenting on but more detail on that in another thread. Since this is a water based product when I say custom scenting I'll be doing that using only natural Hydrosols or as some are called floral waters. In order to keep costs down I'll start out with maybe 4 or 5 hydrosols to choose from. Also to save money on my end which interns saves money on your end I won't be creating a different label for every scent but rather the scent will have a hand tag associated with that scent. I found a place that makes 1" round hang tags and has just about every color imaginable available. So an example would be if you choose to have a gel serum customized using let's say Cucumber Hydrosol then the tag will be as close to cucumber green as possible or if you choose Rose Hydrosol it would be Red, Lavender hydrosol wel you can probably guess that color LOL. Depending on cost I may be able to have the names of the Hydrosols printed on the hang tag so still not 100% sure yet on that. Anyway I will be posing up the options as far as what I'll be offering and with time I'll increase the options after I see how it goes with the first few offerings and if it goes well I plan on extending customizing aromas in other products as well as the first 2 I'm going to be doing. Oh and in case you're wondering what other product is 'll be doing custom scentng on it's the Post Shave serum which was the amber looking serum in the photo I posted in the First Release thread. The difference is that it is an oil based product so I'll be using Essential oils or blends to do the custom scents in that but it will also be using hand tags to determine scent differences. I'll be up front on this service there will be a slight upcharge for customizing a product considering the cost of the aroma ingredients and the time it takes to make the product.

Anyway on to the contest:

I learned a few things from the past contest and that is to give folks more picks. With that said the last product test was 7 pages long so if I don't limit the number of picks I can see myself sorting through many more pages trying to find a winner so here's the deal. You all get 5 picks BUT only two posts do put them in so I will stress once again in bold... PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME WITH YOUR PICKS BEFORE YOU POST! Remember in the last contest there were some very good names coming out towards the end after people thought more about it. So this isn't a race but I am going to cut this contest down to 3 full days including tonight meaning starting right now and finishing up on Wed evening at midnight. So I'll pick the winner sometime on Thursday. AND NO FRENCH, RUSSIAN OR ANY OTHER LANGUAGE OTHER THAN ENGLISH! LOL

This product should be released within the next 2 weeks and maybe sooner depending on how soon my Hydrosols arrive. JUST A NOTE: These are very different times for shipping as many places are short staffed and it's takes much longer to get supplies than it did post Corona 19. I know I'm certainly experiencing this in both my businesses as of right now I'm a one man show!

So here's the price. The winner gets to pick the scent of his or her choice.. ( Don't forget the wifes on this product as a couple of my testers have stated their wife and in one case his daughter really likes this product as well and wants one in their own scent. Also you'll get a set of the Fresh Lime collaboration between CBL and ETHOS as the other part of the price.

OK GUYS.....READY........READY.......GO!

DJHnx+bLTDy%YQQqZAUQ1Q.jpg

Another generous contest Frank! Thanks for letting us be a part of the process!

Might I suggest for the hanging label tags, simply putting a stylized letter(s) to stand for each scent - for example “U” for unscented, “L” for lavender, “C” for cucumber, etc. that way you don’t have to squeeze in an entire word. Conversely simply let them remain colored but blank, I think their names will come to natural fruition as folks experience them - in example “Product’s name” Purple or Lavender, “Product’s name” Green or Cucumber...if that makes sense?

Anyway, on to my entries for the product. Since it’s going to be part of the PURE collection and focused on skincare, I think it’s best to be straightforward with the names, unlike the shaving products where there’s a bit more freedom in creativity:

- PURE Hydrating Serum
- PURE Hydrating Salve
- PURE Skin Restorative
- PURE Restorative Gel
- PURE Nature’s Restorative

Thank you Frank!

The ancient Greek word ῠ̔́δωρ or Hudor, from which our prefix "Hydro-" is derived means 'water' and/or is used as a prefix that means 'pertaining to water'.
As in Hydrate, Hydrology,....
In the early Greek version of the Bible, the word ῠ̔́δωρ or Hudor or "water" is used over 600 times in the Old Testament and over 80 times in the New Testament.

One cannot begin to phathom the physical, biological, and spiritual importance of Hudor as we are born of water and of the spirit!

I propose ETHOS HUDOR

The ancient Greek word ῠ̔́δωρ or Hudor, from which our prefix "Hydro-" is derived means 'water' and/or is used as a prefix that means 'pertaining to water'.
In the early Greek version of the Bible, the word ῠ̔́δωρ or Hudor or "water" is used over 600 times in the Old Testament and over 80 times in the New Testament.

One cannot begin to phathom the physical, biological, and spiritual importance of Hudor as we are born of water and of the spirit!

I propose ETHOS HUDOR
🧐

I propose ETHOS HUDOR

Game-Of-Thrones-Hodor.jpg

Sorry, that's all I could think of......

AND NO FRENCH, RUSSIAN OR ANY OTHER LANGUAGE OTHER THAN ENGLISH! LOL

I propose ETHOS HUDOR
:unsure:

Back