The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ease of use : shavette or straight razor

Unless you hate yourself or consider yourself too good looking to be seen in public as you reenter public life, stay away from the half-DE blade type shavette contraptions until/unless you are challenged to do so by others in a "if you were a REAL man you would..." type of challenge. You WILL put pretty little slices on your face.
I agree with Chris on the DE Shavettes. I have never gotten away from one unscathed. I walk out of the bathroom looking like a lost a fight with a badger. Love My feather DX and my Weck. But my favorite are my Swede Thin Straights.

Good luck and look forward to how you make out.

I have both expensive and regular straights and have owned every Feather made. My choice is my Tedalus Essence razor. As close to a straight razor at the convenience of a shavette. The workmanship, balance and feel rival a custom straight. It gives a very close irritation free shave. I shave every day with it and don't miss the stropping, honing and overall upkeep of a straight, I also like I have a choice of blades.

Back