The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc Does Videos (once in a while)

DocHoliday0831

Won't Share His Sugar Daddy
Legacy
Well you all asked for it and the first one sucks a bit and is short. Cut about 2 seconds out I shouldn’t have but next time I will just record straight on my phone and not worry about the iPad then emailing it to myself for editing on the phone.

https://youtu.be/uZ6oEvfHtgs

Woohoo!! TJ buddy, right on!

That’s cool to hear about the karate. I figured your wife was just driving your boy there until you mentioned she’s advanced.

That sure is an awesome scent. Someday I’ll break down and get the aftershave.

Fantastic TJ, really enjoyed it!

I’d suggest raising your camera/phone higher or setting it on something if possible. Ideally it should be just below eye level. but aside from that, very well done. Can’t wait to see more.

And Happy Early Birthday!

Well done TJ, that was thoroughly different and enjoyable!

Loved seeing the GTB Fatboy in action. Such a great color scheme.

I think KJ just met his match for speed of shaves...

Woohoo!! TJ buddy, right on!

That’s cool to hear about the karate. I figured your wife was just driving your boy there until you mentioned she’s advanced.

That sure is an awesome scent. Someday I’ll break down and get the aftershave.

Thanks for watching. It is my favorite SV soap but closely followed by Felce Aromatica.

Fantastic TJ, really enjoyed it!

I’d suggest raising your camera/phone higher or setting it on something if possible. Ideally it should be just below eye level. but aside from that, very well done. Can’t wait to see more.

And Happy Early Birthday!

I agree about the camera level. I need a suction cup mount for my phone so i can do that. recorded this one on the ipad and that was the only way i cound make it work.

Well done TJ, that was thoroughly different and enjoyable!

Loved seeing the GTB Fatboy in action. Such a great color scheme.

I think KJ just met his match for speed of shaves...

LOL it was a quick shave but after that Fatboy came back from the spa it is like a Formula 1 car high speed and super super smooth. I dig that color scheme too just looks rugged and manly.

Nice video TJ. I don't have any SV but definitely on my radar and you about have me sold of the Optunia.

It is a very very delicious scent and only rivaled scent wise in my den by PdP 63. As to SV soaps my den has several

Opuntia
Felce Aromatica
Cosmo
Dolomiti
Tundra Arctica
Manna Di Sicilia

They are all nice and are IMHO Elite soaps but many here on the forums disagree there.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that the Opuntia was a cactus scent. Now it's definitely something I want to try. I thought Opuntia was some exotic Italian name for something and never bothered to look it up. Now I see that Opuntia is actually the name of what we call a prickly pear cactus. I love prickly pear fruit, so now I have to get this soap.

I agree about the camera level. I need a suction cup mount for my phone so i can do that. recorded this one on the ipad and that was the only way i cound make it work.

Suction cup mounts work. I use a small tripod. When I travel and do videos from my hotel, I actually just stack a bunch of stuff up on the counter, like Kleenex boxes, rolls of toilet paper, and folded towels to raise the height to where I want it. Whatever works!

Very nice stuff TJ. I didn't know your wife is a teacher. What does she teach? My wife teaches Kindergarten. We have very similar rules at our house around the television also.

Really enjoyed the shave today. Invest in one of these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Car-Windshield-Suction-Cup-Mount-Holder-for-iPhone-6-7-8-X-Cell-Phone-/121727227824?hash=item1c578217b0

My wife (Karen) teaches History and English to 4th graders. I am absolutely looking into suction cup mounting options.

Really enjoyed the video and banter! Great presence and youre very comfortable in front of the camera!

Really enjoyed the video and banter! Great presence and youre very comfortable in front of the camera!

Funny thing is speaking in public or in front of folks never has been an issue for me. I was #5 in a state competition in high school for it. SWMBO wanted to see the video and i haven't showed it to her yet as she fell asleep while it was being uploaded. I am probably gonna pick up a suction cup mount so i can attach the phone to the mirror then it will be better angle. Thanks for watching.

Very nice presentation skills--I think you are a natural. Once you get on top of the technical issues (camera focus etc.) it should be smooth sailing.

Sorry it took a while for me to catch up! Great vid and great to meet you TJ! I use a suction cup on the mirror and use the “selfie” side of my iPad for videos. Believe it or no, I use my dog tags to suspend the iPad.

Great video TJ! Once again, I’ll say you have a good presence and seem very comfortable.

And yes, the angle here was much better!

Thanks for the shout out, and reminding me how sloppy I can be Lol, j/k.

Watched last night. Seeing your channel name I guess we know what TJ stands for now, but what about the video names?

Oh, I dunno how to help with that. I upload directly with the YouTube app.

Once in YouTube click on the creator studio and there you can change the name of the video. Also while uploading in Filmorago there is an option to change the name of the video while uploading to YouTube.

Back