The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

College football 2021

gobucks5485

Shave Member
I have not been too active of late in the Cadre. So why not get back and lets start with my biggest passion!
I want to:
See what your favorite team is ?
Why are you passionate for that team?
Do you plan on seeing a game this year?
What is your prediction for this year?

Mine is:
OHIO STATE

Dad was a grad in 1954. His dormitory was Ohio Stadium. How fing cool that must have been. We went to many many many games together.

Yes going to the Tulsa game 9/18

National Champions this year or bust !!

See what your favorite team is ? University of Utah and Notre Dame
Why are you passionate for that team? Alma Mater, and family tradition
Do you plan on seeing a game this year? Most definitely. (season ticket holder to UofU)
What is your prediction for this year? Utes should be Pac12 South Champs but not sure they can beat the North team. Perhaps a NY6 bowl. Notre Dame I feel will have a down year and I know that us unpopular amongst the faithful.

From one part of the Big 10 to another….

1630509533442.jpeg

Why are you passionate for that team? I grew up with this team, about 45 minutes away (and half my graduating class went to Penn St or a satellite school. Todd Blackledge, Curt Warner who beat Heisman Trophy winners Marcus Allen and Herschel Walker. I miss the old Penn State - Pitt rivalry. I am a little less passionate than in the past - I thought Bill O’Brien did a fantastic job with the team and his replacement James Franklin started out great - then some of his comments in the press - and when he runs up the score (i don’t like that) kinda takes some of the shine off - but I love the passion of the student body - the White Out games are truly something unique in college football, and the chant “We Are” between the stadium crowd and the student body gets you fired up!

Do you plan on seeing a game this year? I’ll watch on TV

What is your prediction for this year? This should be an interesting year - tne team is not starting out with it’s traditional patsies for the first 3-4 games - they have Wisconsin and Auburn in the first 3 weeks. 9-3

I only watch one game a year and that is The Army/Navy game. I look too see which player is wearing my one time unit patch on their uniform. The rest of my time is spent trading barbs with former squids.

Some years a high profile player like the QB is wearing the patch and it is easy to spot. Some years it is worn by a special teams third stringer or a place holder for the kicker. A game within a game.

I only watch one game a year and that is The Army/Navy game. I look too see which player is wearing my one time unit patch on their uniform. The rest of my time is spent trading barbs with former squids.
I fully concur with you! The best game in college football. Normally, my buds and I get fired up for this game! I love the new special uni’s each year. We have several traditions - which include each game getting new morale patches. I even had a soap, AS, EdT made up for the game last year from Ginger’s Garden - I call Camo (Mint julep scent)

1630514218338.png1630514288747.png1630514329253.png

he White Out games are truly something unique in college football, and the chant “We Are” between the stadium crowd and the student body gets you fired up!
Yes the white out is CRAZY I am happy OSU missed it last year. Every other year like clockwork they put us in that white out game ha ha.

. I won’t get into reasons but I lost all interest in college sports last year.
Whoa! This from the guy who did the college football pickum contest/PIF a couple years ago….. I feel like that does need an explanation……. Eventually.

Stay safe Brother, hope all is well at home!

See what your favorite team is ? The Ohio State Buckeyes and Denison Big Red
Why are you passionate for that team? I am an alumnus
Do you plan on seeing a game this year? I won’t be attending any games but I certainly will watch the games I can on television.
What is your prediction for this year? The magic 8 ball is cloudy at this time but will be more focused after the first couple of games. Tonight, the Buckeyes face Minnesota, Alabama faces Miami of Florida, and Clemson is playing Georgia. This is a diversion from the usual patsy first game. A loss anywhere could change the whole picture.

Back