The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Chanel Allure Homme Sport vs Allure Homme Sport Cologne

Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne = World Class freshness.

Dior Homme Cologne = Kentucky Derby on the promenade with a tall glass of lemonade & lime slice. Superb.

Jimmy Choo Ice = Think DHC but sweeter and a bit more synthetic. Not as natural as Dior's version. For the $ though, good deal.

4711 Lime & Nutmeg = Actually quite good for the $. Not a lemon based fragrance but, that lime freshness mixed with a bit of spice from the nutmeg is unique. Quite refreshing for sure.

Durance en Provence Lemon & Mint = Gorgeous colonia vibe with an amazing lemony & crispy mint vibe. Delicious actually. Downside? Very hard to find and you literally have to bathe in it to get a couple hours of duration. Lovely though while it lasts.

Also from 4711 that I would look into with that lemon & lime vibe are =
4711 Remix 2020
4711 Lemon & Ginger
4711 Starfruit & White Flowers (think Versace Eau Fraiche pour homme with a tad less aquatic vibe and a more natural fruit and flower combo.)

Fresh and citrus scents are not intended to be long lasting beast mode fragrances. The citrus molecules along with the synthetics like iso-e super will burn off quicker as the heat ramps up and perhaps if ambroxan is used you'll get an upkick in performance but, lose slightly on the natural effectiveness or feel of the fragrance.

Just go to town on the sprayer and enjoy. I know I do.....

Also from 4711 that I would look into with that lemon & lime vibe are =
4711 Remix 2020
4711 Lemon & Ginger
I have the 4711 Lemon & Ginger - and love it - almost like gingerale - I am looking forward to this years remix which is Grapefruit - but I have only seen it on sale in Europe and there are very few sites that would ship here to the US and even if they did - would double the costs. - so I have to be patient

True, I just see all three of them mentioned together often
I watched it being described as Lemon Meringue, Lemon Custard, and Lemon Cheesecake - I can sort of see that because of the lemon top note and the creaminess - but the samples I got - I am not sure I trust. I bought samples of Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne, Parfums de Marley Sedley, and Chanel Allure Homme Blanche. All three should have been in my wheelhouse - the first (which I now own and absolutely love) - smelled of a celery note, the Sedley was pleasant but really weak, and the Blanche I liked but something seemed off - I personally thing that my samples probably took a dive because there were probably in my mailbox in the summer heat for a couple of days.

We got out to the dept. store today (first time in a LONG time) got my nose on a a lot of designer scents, but made sure to leave some for next time.
Have to say that Dior Cologne was not quite up to Eau d’Hadrian for me, I “think“ that’s going to be the big summer lemon this year.

Went to the one ‘niche’ shop in town, I’m so bummed the other one closed down 2 years ago, but got my noise on a number of Maitre Premier scents. Superb quality, and longevity. But the scents aren’t that exciting to me. Still fun to try.

They also have nearly the full Comee de Garçons line up. I think a lot of folks would enjoy their newer offerings, great soapy, musky scents.
The Monocle collection really interested me, really fabulous woodcentric scents. I’ll surely go back for some. Hinoki and Yoyogi were real winners, and probably my favorites of the two day’s of sampling. Ok Eau Sauvage was actually, but it’s so close to Eau Noble, that it’s redundant. Still good to confirm, I love a great citrus chypre.

I visited the dental hygienist toady, right next to the big department store here, so I thought I'd check out the Dior Cologne again. Last time the tester was on fumes, so want' sure I got a good test.
I didn't see that they had a wide selection of Chanel, so I gave the Allure line a good run through this time.
You made the right choice Mark, assuming you're looking for a summer lemony scent. It's really a nice one, isn't it? Of course it doesn't last long, but there's nothing to do about that.

I defiantly preferred it over all of the Alllure's by a long shot, and also the Dior, but that wasn't a fair comparison, since I only got a tiny bit out of the tester.

Good choice!

Back