The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Chanel Allure Homme Sport vs Allure Homme Sport Cologne

MarkB

“TSC’s Happy Hogan”
Veteran
Did a search and didn't get any hits. Has anyone tried both and if so what are your thoughts. I'm sure the cologne wont be as long-lasting but the scent tree looks completely different.

Thanks for your help.

Hey my friend - I’ve tried both and while I like both, I love Allure Homme Sport Cologne.

Chanel Allure Homme Sport is more “shower“ freshie - sort of a powder note (that you’d get from a barbershop scent) - really nice. I would say it has longer lasting power that Allure Homme Sport Cologne. If you smelled Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme - they are similar - just not as intense.

Allure Homme Sport Cologne is a citrus bomb - It and Dio Homme Cologne are two of my favorite summer time frags - you can wear both in extreme heat. But Allure Homme Sport Cologne does have depth - it has some nice woody notes as well that give it a solid foundation.

There is also a Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport (because saying sport twice is cool I guess) - that is the older version - it has more of a green rather than woody note that comes off (to me) like celery.

Dio Homme Cologne
Whoa!! Gotta get some of that! 🤯🐉🌈⚔️🧙‍♂️

giphy.gif

LOL we're mind melding, just did the same search with the Dior Homme Cologne to compare.
I'm kind of swaying towards the Chanel Cologne, I think Brian was the final vote, but then I know Chris is going to come and tell me how great the Dior is.

I enjoyed this video -

Last edited:
@Scuttlesoap @GearNoir between Allure Home Sport Cologne and Dior Homme Cologne?

I NEED a summer lemon NOW!!!

I really was hoping it would be Aqua Viva, but it just dies on my skin too fast, I'm ok with reapplication, but not when it's over 200€ a bottle and I need to put it on every half hour.

Did you guys see my other thread? Single note Calabrian lemon scent.. Got a bottle en route.

@Scuttlesoap @GearNoir between Allure Home Sport Cologne and Dior Homme Cologne?

I NEED a summer lemon NOW!!!

I really was hoping it would be Aqua Viva, but it just dies on my skin too fast, I'm ok with reapplication, but not when it's over 200€ a bottle and I need to put it on every half hour.
Dior Homme is the more lemon forward - a lot of people describe it as upscale refreshing lemonade

Did you guys see my other thread? Single note Calabrian lemon scent.. Got a bottle en route.

I meant to get back to that thread yesterday and then forgot - I thought it said Pickled Lemons - I’m like - OK, Mark is from the south so I guess Pickled scents could be ok 😂

For you Lemon forward - definitely Dior Homme Cologne - but also - have you thought of the original Acqua Di Parma Colonia? That is also very lemony

If you're a lemon head you really should try the Sicilian Lemon soap / splash from Eleven Shaving. 🍋

If you're a lemon head you really should try the Sicilian Lemon soap / splash from Eleven Shaving. 🍋

I concur - Eleven Sicilian Lemon is fantastic!

For you Lemon forward - definitely Dior Homme Cologne - but also - have you thought of the original Acqua Di Parma Colonia? That is also very lemony
No, I hadn't thought about that one, but am now, though that lemonade thing sounds like a winner for me. Need to get to the dept store and sample them. Thankfully they should be easy enough to find here.

No, I hadn't thought about that one, but am now, though that lemonade thing sounds like a winner for me. Need to get to the dept store and sample them. Thankfully they should be easy enough to find here.
ADP Colonia is excellent…though a very different excellent than DHC. If getting that lemon note is your thang, try DHC, it’s way more pronounced and in your face at first spray than ADP Colonia, which is a very smooth, well mixed/blended citrus with soapy accords. ADP also doesn’t quite have the longevity sadly, unless you are pretty free with your spritzing.

ADP Colonia is excellent…though a very different excellent than DHC. If getting that lemon note is your thang, try DHC, it’s way more pronounced and in your face at first spray than ADP Colonia, which is a very smooth, well mixed/blended citrus with soapy accords. ADP also doesn’t quite have the longevity sadly, unless you are pretty free with your spritzing.
Thanks Gear, that's pretty much what I was thinking. I've got a great selection of colognes so the ADP feels redundant. It's pure lemon, lemonade, lemon candy, that I'm after. Well Chris, you have the Myrsol right, you know what I mean.
There's just nothing that says summer like lemonade to me.

Now I've got another contender that was recommended and sounds up my alley. Perris Monte Carlo Cedro di Diamante so I could maybe do that and the DHC for less than the price of what I was originally thinking with Acqua Viva.

Thanks guys!

Back