The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Central Florida Beginner with a SR

I have completed my very first Straight razor shave. SRS#1 is in the books. I had one small weeper after two passes. The razor was a Gold Dollar 300 honed by Frank (SGS). I watched the entire @BarberDave YouTube series. I really like the crossface pass he mentioned. Not sure what the brush really is. It was a PIF. I just know it is synthetic.

View attachment 108513
Great job. It looks like the brush handle might be spalted maple.

Hello all. I have been a member for awhile, but have not been on the forum since the beginning. I just received my first two straights. Two Gold Dollars. One honed by A Esposito and one from Frank at SGS. I look forward to my first shve with them
Welcome

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

The first time using this one was a really nice shave. This one seems a bit smoother than my GD300. Yes it is an entry level straight, but it helped me get a really nice shave. SRS#5

img_2339-jpeg.109453

Attachments

• IMG_2339.jpeg
    IMG_2339.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 58
My deepest sympathy for your loss. May the peace of God that passes all understanding keep and comfort the hearts and minds within your family.

Back