The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Central Florida Beginner with a SR

BowtieRN

Shave Member
Veteran
Hello all. I have been a member for awhile, but have not been on the forum since the beginning. I just received my first two straights. Two Gold Dollars. One honed by A Esposito and one from Frank at SGS. I look forward to my first shve with them

Welcome to The Cadre! Good to have you here. Lots of Straight Shavers here so anything you want to know or need to ask, we're here for you!

Lots to see, read, and get involved with here. We're much more than just a wet shaving forum. I'm here for the camaraderie more than anything else. We have so much fun. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

The forum is a wealth of info and good gentlemanly forums. Please make sure to familiarize yourself with our Terms and Conditions Linked Here:
https://theshavingcadre.com/threads/tsc-terms-of-use-tou-revisions-updates-2-2021.3796/

Should you need any assistance in navigating the site or help please contact any of our friendly Concierge Staff.

@Spider , @NurseDave @heysi , @Fenster , @Scuttlesoap

or feel free to reach out to any of the owners of TSC
@BarberDave
@CVargo
@CBLindsay

Greetings from right up the road in Gainesville. My Mom's family is from down your way, mainly Tampa but also some in Brooksville. My great grandmother lived there. I think I still have some cousins down there. Let us know how your shaves go. We're here if you need help.

Glad to see you make your first posts! Welcome to straight razor shaving, we are always looking for converts to the dark side!

If you're intersted, @BarberDave has a great series on straight razor shaving in the tutorials section, HERE . Follow his advice and maybe you won't end up looking distinguished like ME..
I watched the SRS series already from him. Thank you

Greetings from right up the road in Gainesville. My Mom's family is from down your way, mainly Tampa but also some in Brooksville. My great grandmother lived there. I think I still have some cousins down there. Let us know how your shaves go. We're here if you need help.
I am in Brooksville, Used to live in Tampa

Hello all. I have been a member for awhile, but have not been on the forum since the beginning. I just received my first two straights. Two Gold Dollars. One honed by A Esposito and one from Frank at SGS. I look forward to my first shve with them
Hey Mike, Sound like we are exactly in the same place. I’m following Barber Dave’s instructional videos and find them extremely helpful. I have a Gold Dollar and a Gold Monkey, both honed by Anthony Esposito. I also just purchased a beautiful TI from The Superior Shave which I am not going to use until I get some more experience. Best of luck to both of us. It’s really exciting to learn this skill.

Hey Mike, Sound like we are exactly in the same place. I’m following Barber Dave’s instructional videos and find them extremely helpful. I have a Gold Dollar and a Gold Monkey, both honed by Anthony Esposito. I also just purchased a beautiful TI from The Superior Shave which I am not going to use until I get some more experience. Best of luck to both of us. It’s really exciting to learn this skill.
I gotta ask... What is the beautiful TI you speak of?

I have completed my very first Straight razor shave. SRS#1 is in the books. I had one small weeper after two passes. The razor was a Gold Dollar 300 honed by Frank (SGS). I watched the entire @BarberDave YouTube series. I really like the crossface pass he mentioned. Not sure what the brush really is. It was a PIF. I just know it is synthetic.

FullSizeR.jpg

Back