The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

CBL Soaps - bar soap

Hadn’t thought to use in summer, kind of got the winter vibe. I’ll have to bust out a fresh bar soon.
Really? I’ve always equated cooling soaps with summertime use. Good way to prep the skin for a day in the heat.

Really? I’ve always equated cooling soaps with summertime use. Good way to prep the skin for a day in the heat.

hmm. maybe my batch is different, but mine is not cooling iirc, the scent is kind of refreshing in a way, but it's not sharp to me. tbh i kind of felt the frosted aspect muted the eucalyptus, for some reason i didn't get "frosted" as icy cold, i was thinking the look.

Frosted Eucalyptus- Is a blast of fresh, icy winter air. Eucalyptus, Spearmint and hints of lemon combine to give the impression of icy cold winter air.
*This soap does NOT contain any cooling agent and does not produce the “feel” of coolness.

maybe based on the season when i received my bars , i just some correlated the scent with cooler weather, like evergreen usage.

hmm. maybe my batch is different, but mine is not cooling iirc, the scent is kind of refreshing in a way, but it's not sharp to me. tbh i kind of felt the frosted aspect muted the eucalyptus, for some reason i didn't get "frosted" as icy cold, i was thinking the look.

Frosted Eucalyptus- Is a blast of fresh, icy winter air. Eucalyptus, Spearmint and hints of lemon combine to give the impression of icy cold winter air.
*This soap does NOT contain any cooling agent and does not produce the “feel” of coolness.

maybe based on the season when i received my bars , i just some correlated the scent with cooler weather, like evergreen usage.
I know there’s no cooling agent, but spearmint is always cooling to me, especially mixed with eucalyptus. Maybe it’s just the impression I get based on the scent.

i'll grab a bar from my stash to use tonight and see how i feel about now. it'll certainly be a change from my recent vanilla cupcake scent adventure.

Definitely enjoyed the frosted eucalyptus soap just now, but I remember why it wasnt my fav of the cbl bar soap scents i have. I really thought it was a christmas scent that i just didnt get on with. Apparently cupcakes are more my style.

i get the idea or concept that the scent is supposed to evoke, but no cooling for me. Not really even cooling type refreshing for me.

It’s got that evergreen scent, but its not a fresh air scent to me. I feels like a cloying, maybe even suffocating for me, fir needle resin note. I dont know if its just my nose, but it kind of has this specific profile note that i recall from my childhood that i never got on with. Its this plasticy type scent thing that i really thought was the frosted note of the eucalyptus based scent. Maybe its the spearmint or even some kind of lemon note i just dont get.

Btw, Are you doing the 5 day cold water shower challenge with this soap? 😛

Btw. Last night my wife told me i was totally wrong about the frosted eucalyptus scent profile not being icy cold wintery fresh air and that CBL was 100% right. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I mean she grew up on an island that is 99% boreal forests/taiga and lots of cold icy winters.

While it was a tongue in cheek joke about a cooling feeling, when i mentioned it, it reminded me of a convo here i had read back earlier in the year.

“Anyway, we are doing Seven-Day Cold Shower Challenge. I know, you are probably wondering why on earth would anyone want to take a cold shower. So, there are many health benefits to taking cold showers/baths:

Increases Endorphins
Improves Metabolism
Improves Circulation
Improved Immuno Responses”

I think you (@Spider ) even asked more about it

I know we talked about cold showers here before. I thought you were saying the challenge was something that was going on here.

Just curious if or when more bar soaps will be available to purchase. Going threw this thread makes me want to try some.
I looked on the web sight but did not see any for sale.

Twice a week I take a bath as opposed to a shower. Today was bath day. I don’t have a rubber ducky, but I do have a rubber pitcher for rinsing my hair and such. Took the Frosted Eucalyptus for a spin in the tub. Very clean and refreshing.

Back