The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

CBL Soaps - bar soap

Fenster

"O a'u o le ULU Matai"
Concierge
I ordered a handful of Bar Soaps from @CBLSoap.com and when they came in I threw the Hellooo Sunshine scented one in the shower. My wife discover it and later asked me "hey, what is that new soap? That is really nice, it is really smooth and creamy and feels really good on my skin". I had the same reaction the first time I tried it. Thanks @CBLindsay for making another great product.

I bought a half dozen bars of the Sandalwood Musk, and I feel it wont be enough. Very good bar soap indeed.
Amen. Great stuff!

I have the manchurian dragon zinger. I love the scent. It's sweet, candy like but with a little something extra that gives it some dimension.

I tend towards sweeter scents, if my choices of shaving soaps are any indication. This one hits all of the notes for me. Wish this were a shave soap scent, too.

That reminds me, I need to grab a few more before they're gone.

I grabbed each of the 4 scents available, Hellooo Sunshine is the first one I have tried, looking forward to trying the others.

I bought them as soon as they were available, and bought all 4 scents. I’m still on my first bar. This stuff lasts forever.

I really hate when artisan bar soaps get soft. Some absorb water and get really soft or start splitting apart. I’ve seen no issues like this from CBL. It’s exactly what I’m looking for in a bar soap.

It’s simply one of the best artisan bar soaps I’ve ever used!

Thanks for the kind words and input guys. I managed to make a few more scents for Christmas AND the bars aren’t quite so ugly or random (because they need to look good for Santa). My new Daughter in Law had expressed an interest in finding a work from home hobby/job (a necessity she and many others now share) so I have built her a soap making kit and formula. If she ends up liking it I see a day when CBL SOAP bars can be outsourced ...if she wants to develop and explore, you guys might end up with some interesting options.

The newest soaps are a little different in that they are made with a dollop of my “master barber beta 1 add-in premix” added to the batch, and made to look more uniform. Why? Because I was asked to make a few soaps that appeal to the ladies. So now I have 2 ladies fragrances (some has been spoken for, some available for purchase) and 2 Christmas themed scents. The Christmas themed ones were made specifically so I could gift a few bars to a specific person, they are made with the same basic formula but have a BIG spoonful of the special add-in. Between the add-in and the shorter dry/cure time these bars are somewhat softer than my others. They lather and feel good, and my wife really likes the way one of them smells.

what I have available (but not on the website)
Still have a decent amount of the first 4 scents (ugly bars)
“Smells like Christmas Tree” 3+ ounce nice looking 3x3x.75bar
“Campfire Christmas” 3+ ounce nice looking 3x3x.75 bar
“Leather & vetiver” 3 once good looking 2x3x1 (or something like that)
2 ladies scents I dare not name ...but they are perfume knock-offs, good looking 2x2x3 chunky bars.

if you NEED soaps for Christmas let me know. I have other stuff I have to make and get on the website, I’ll get the soaps on there officially soon.

Considering I almost hit you up for 6 more Sandalwood Musk...yeah, we'll chat ;)
I don’t have any more sandalwood fragrance oils on hand but I do have nag champa and maybe I’ll have some extra dragons blood oils...perhaps next time I make some bath bars I’ll make some in those kind of fragrances for you and @Spider.
The campfire Christmas is interesting, mostly sweet amber with campfire and marshmallows riding shotgun followed by the traditional (or expected) Christmas trees and something like a cinnamon candy (not peppermint). My wife really likes it, I didn’t think I would because I don’t like amber but this isn’t a typical creamy amber, it’s a sweet coal fire like amber. Kinda fun. The other is mostly trees.

I’m thinking of making a few small tubs/pucks of the Alpine (fir/peppermint) I made last year just for giggles but I’ve got so many other irons in the fire it may not happen.

It’s simply one of the best artisan bar soaps I’ve ever used!

I have to agree. I have been using CBL for the past few weeks. I couldn't wait any longer, though, so I broke out my Christmas soap. After using it for a day, I have to say, my previous favorite brand just isn't as good anymore. I'm already missing the CBL.

Great stuff Chris!

@CBLindsay

Chris

I was just curious if you have plans for releasing some new bath soap scents, in the near future?
As a matter of fact I just finished making more. I have a very small amount (10 bars each) of orange dirt and creed original vetiver made as a special request for a couple members (they will have first opportunity for those bars) and I have 25-35 bars of a scent called ‘frosted eucalyptus’ a blend of eucalyptus, spearmint and lemon that smells like fresh cool winter air. The bars are just better than 3.5-3.6 ounces

orange dirt and creed original vetiver & ‘frosted eucalyptus’ a blend of eucalyptus, spearmint and lemon that smells like fresh cool winter air. The bars are just better than 3.5-3.6 ounces.
pls save some for me of each! moar soap, pls

As a matter of fact I just finished making more. I have a very small amount (10 bars each) of orange dirt and creed original vetiver made as a special request for a couple members (they will have first opportunity for those bars) and I have 25-35 bars of a scent called ‘frosted eucalyptus’ a blend of eucalyptus, spearmint and lemon that smells like fresh cool winter air. The bars are just better than 3.5-3.6 ounces
Wow the Vetiver sounds great so does frosted eucalyptus!!!

Last edited:
I’ll take All the Vetiver!!

Wow the Vetiver sounds great so does frosted eucalyptus!!!
I’ve wanted to do this version of Vetiver for a LONG time. I’ve had the oil for more than a year and have been using it primarily to revive my old puck/bowl of creed original Vetiver with plans to make a shave soap and tonic of my own eventually. This version is different from what many expect (creed stuff often is) from a Vetiver. I searched for the best version and finally one oil that is pretty much dead on and one that is oh so close. Maybe I’ll break down and make a batch of shave soap too

Back