The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

CBL Soap October update(s)

More of a tease than an update or announcement...I just thought I would share some hastily snapped photos of what I was able to pack and label last night. I got the replacement labels I was waiting on so now I just need to get some technical stuff done and wait for the Danger Baby to arrive (only one life changing event at a time). I’m still waiting on one BIG shipment to arrive and that is keeping me from working on what needs to get done NOW so the clock can get started on new stuff being introduced later.
EEAEF7D9-5EC8-4EF7-B175-1D617D50AB6A.jpegA535D7DF-9B99-4E24-97A6-6BB157579E37.jpeg

Yey still gonna need some of the tonic and oil in Dragon's blood... ;)

Is Orion a scent or the name of a new soap base?
Orion is a completely different base, right now it’s only in the California sunrise scent ...and in those 2 jars.

And @OpusX i don’t know that the oil or tonic are going to be made in dragons blood or roasted oatmeal stout In great quantities but I have a few people who’ve Made it clear they would very much appreciate having some. I don’t plan to make a habit of “make to order” but I do have some of those oils on hand ...and I remember our earlier dragons blood discussions. 👍

I’m hoping the sample I got with Poseidon will be one of your new scents. I loved it and would definitely buy a full size pick (or 2... and a bath soap in the same scent). 😁

I know, just verifying. The labeling looks like it’s a scent.

On the bottom jar, Orion looks like the brand-name. Were you considering a brand-name change, Chris?
82cdb7c31edbc4f7a37f8784dc26129a.jpg

More of a tease than an update or announcement...I just thought I would share some hastily snapped photos of what I was able to pack and label last night. I got the replacement labels I was waiting on so now I just need to get some technical stuff done and wait for the Danger Baby to arrive (only one life changing event at a time). I’m still waiting on one BIG shipment to arrive and that is keeping me from working on what needs to get done NOW so the clock can get started on new stuff being introduced later.
View attachment 37903View attachment 37904

This is amazing stuff Chris! Sandalwood Musk Bath Soap...🤯 And you don't have long for Danger Baby to arrive! :)

Orion is a completely different base, right now it’s only in the California sunrise scent ...and in those 2 jars.

And @OpusX i don’t know that the oil or tonic are going to be made in dragons blood or roasted oatmeal stout In great quantities but I have a few people who’ve Made it clear they would very much appreciate having some. I don’t plan to make a habit of “make to order” but I do have some of those oils on hand ...and I remember our earlier dragons blood discussions. 👍

Let me be another person to say these scents are a must...even if they are seasonal. But seriously...Roasted Oatmeal Stout Aftershave....I think worlds are colliding!

On the bottom jar, Orion looks like the brand-name. Were you considering a brand-name change, Chris?
82cdb7c31edbc4f7a37f8784dc26129a.jpg
No brand name changes but Orion is a significant step UP so it deserves being called out. The standard Cbl branding is still present and accounted for.
...and there are some brand development products not shown that are/will be available as well

No brand name changes but Orion is a significant step UP so it deserves being called out. The standard Cbl branding is still present and accounted for.
...and there are some brand development products not shown that are/will be available as well
Whew. Good to hear. Not that Orion wouldn't be a catchy name, but everyone knows and loves CBL. Just seeing it in the frame, without the letters CBL scared me.

I'm with Don, Oatmeal Stout is a keeper for sure. It's been through two iterations of bases, has had a lot of vocal support here, I can't imagine it's not a seller. I don't do AS with scents, but I'd imagine everyone who does is going to want that one. If not annual, seasonal would be good... Nice Autumn scent for the baking season? Well, it lacks the sweetness of oatmeal cookies, so ... Autumn for the dark Ale season? Lol.

I'm excited to just see the new soap scents and try the base. Since I'm personally out of Oatmeal Stout soap, I'd be down for an Orion OS!

So looking forward to Sunday’s Shave and review with Orion!!!! And what an initial scent choice. Great stuff Chris

Back