The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

CBL Premium Shave Soap - Open for business

CBLSoap.com

a.k.a. CBLindsay
Artisan Retailer
Legacy
Concierge
It has been a long time coming but the wait is finally over. CBL PREMIUM SHAVE SOAP is open for business at https://www.CBLsoap.com.

This journey started about 3 years ago when curiosity got the best of me. I had been PIF’d a puck of vintage Williams Tonsorial Shave Soap by K.J. (Known as @Spider on The Shaving Cadre). The soap had amazing properties, slickness like no other and SO easy to lather...I just had to see if I could duplicate it. After plenty of research and lots of experimentation I have ended up here. CBL soap is not a duplicate of that wonderful puck...it’s better.

Contrary to what the mods over at Badger and Blade might have believed, I never intended to go into the soap making business. I was content to make unique soaps for myself and friends but since starting The Shaving Cadre with Chad and Dave, I was given a lot of encouragement and our members REALLY wanted to get their hands on some CBL soap of their own. Eventually I developed a couple of very solid performing recipes, recipes that I felt were unique enough to add value to the shaving community. I acknowledge the skill and dedication other artisans have and am finally comfortable in saying “I am an artisan soap maker”.

I have done many things in life but I have never had or run a website of my own until last year when I started my own Investment Advisory firm. Since then Chad, Dave and I have had a crash course in developing and running a forum dedicated to the shaving community. Now, for the first time, I am running a web based retail site...God help us all.

When you visit my new website you will notice that purchases of certain scents (Tabacaveg & The Shaving Cadre) will result in a portion of the sale going back to the forum. It is important to me to ensure the forum has the resources needed to continue to improve so I will continue to share proceeds when and where possible.

Forever in Lather

CBLsoap.com

Whoa! I had no idea that I, in some small way, had anything to do with your soap making journey. I’m honored!

*And certainly that means I get a discount, right? LOL

Good luck Chris! Looking forward to receiving your soaps!

Congratulations Chris! Thank you for sharing this passion with the Cadre!

Whoa! I had no idea that I, in some small way, had anything to do with your soap making journey. I’m honored!

Your would be discount should be forwarded to the Cadre coffers. Haha

Chris, I haven't had the pleasure of trying your product as some have and I have been patiently waiting for the chance too. Thanks for doing this and I wish you nothing but success !!

Order placed

I placed an order also. And yes I paid too.

Just what I needed!

Honestly went to place an order and "The Shaving Cadre", "Cigar Shop Cowboy" and "Cigar Shop Indian" are all sold out! I'm so bummed!!!

Congrats Chris!

Just what I needed!

Honestly went to place an order and "The Shaving Cadre", "Cigar Shop Cowboy" and "Cigar Shop Indian" are all sold out! I'm so bummed!!!

Congrats Chris!
"The Shaving Cadre" wasn't sold out. It's not released yet so stay tuned. He's waiting on some ingredients.

Just what I needed!

Congrats Chris!
those are my favorite scents (so are carnation and Rosa Bourbonia), they will be here soon enough. I wanted to let y’all see what’s coming so you don’t settle for something you like only to find something you would love next week.

Awwww maaann!!! My wish list is a LOT bigger than my wallet......

Glad to see you got things going Chris! I will definitely be placing an order when I can. And maybe even talking to you about some more of that custom scent haha.

i was hesitant to put that in writing BUT it is true. That single puck of Tonsorial Williams led to an obsession with all vintage soaps. I am fortunate to have quite a lot of Tonsorial Williams and Tonsorial Colgate now.

[QUOTE username= CBLSoap.com userid=5939617 postid=1305321878]
i was hesitant to put that in writing BUT it is true. [/QUOTE]
Thanks again. Best of luck Brother!

I appreciate all of congratulations and the well wishes, it means a lot to me. Many of you have been a part of this journey in one way or another for a long time, it is exciting to have taken this next step with the Cadre as well.

Congrats on the business launch, Chris. The Tabacaveg sounds very intriguing .... for some strange reason.
1f61c.png

Back