The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Board Games

I like Caracassone but they family isn’t into strategy games

I like Caracassone but they family isn’t into strategy games

My wife isn't really either. Try a co-op game. Made it so we can play more challenging games, and I get my strategy.

Also @dkeester that site is awesome! My wife and I love co-op games especially ones that the two of us can play together. Lots of ideas on that site! Thank you.

Had picked up the Oregon Trail card game a while back. The missus and I played it this evening for the first time to get the hang of it (along with a indifferent canine player to increase our odds). Only one game played through, made it all the way to the last turn before the win...and failed.

Fun game of chance though.

Where only one person has the physical game? Or all would get it?
Either, I guess. We had a game night planned with friends but we've decided to keep our distance from others as much as possible.
I'm no help but google got this

Cool, thanks! I'll check it out.

If everyone were in separate geographical locations, that will be tough. If only a one or a couple people out of the group are remote, it opens up the options a little more.

You could definitely play Oregon Trail Pandemic (too soon?) or a lot of group effort card/die games as long as someone can help those videoed in see their cards and any board.

There’s always stuff like charades or trivia games too.

Wouldn't the D&D style games be perfect for video conference?

Axis & Allies can be played online (2-5 players) using a computer version called Triple-A. No built-in chat though, so zoom (40 min limit is way too short, I think) or a multi-person app would be needed to use for chit-chat.

Back