The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Board Games

CVargo

“Ya… Chris, Dave, It really is my fault"
Owner
Legacy
So some of you may have read where I purchased Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle for my wife for Christmas. It is a co-op game and we have been playing it almost daily. Very fun and a lot replayability. We have always enjoyed card games and board games.

But this is one of the first co-op games where it really works well with two players. I have really enjoyed this time with my wife. Does anyone have any other games that they would recommend for two players? Or just some of your other favorite games in general?

When you all mentioned Co-op games I thought you meant computer games. I’ve never heard of these before.

Pandemic is great, agreed. A lot of the good “indie” ones are 4-6 players for solid games.

Catan for instance (I want to try the Jr edition I got TJ for sure!), Codewords, Ticket to Ride, etc.

I just got Ticket to Ride for the kids and we like playing it.

We like Pandemic and Ticket to Ride but feel those really need 4 players. Perfect with out game group. But really looking for more games for two people. They don't necessarily need to be Co-op but we just really like them

I think we might try Catan Jr this weekend. Hopefully the 7yr old doesn’t go ballistic for having to put down his kindle fire.

Catan is a great game. I'll be buying Jr version when my son is a bit older

Forbidden Island and Forbidden Desert are both great and should play okay with two players.

Arkham Horror: The Card Game can play two, but is better with four. It is really fun if you like Cthulhu stuff.

Elder Sign is a good one that even plays solo.

XCOM: The Board Game is good, but can be really difficult. It also plays a bit better with four, but is doable with two.

I have heard good things about, but haven't played, Codenames: Duet.

Wow! I don't think I have heard of any of these games. My wife and I are pretty boring when it comes to board games. We play Scrabble and that is about it. I love Scrabble, but I rarely win. And by rarely win...I mean never. But I still like to play!

Wow! I don't think I have heard of any of these games. My wife and I are pretty boring when it comes to board games. We play Scrabble and that is about it. I love Scrabble, but I rarely win. And by rarely win...I mean never. But I still like to play!

Maybe it's your word choices! ROFL

Maybe it's your word choices! ROFL

You are likely right! Butt and fart will only get you so far!
1f60b.png

I can't even remember the last time I played a board game. I did used to play Magic the Gathering a lot though. Still have about 6,000 cards I think.....

Forbidden Island and Forbidden Desert are both great and should play okay with two players.

Arkham Horror: The Card Game can play two, but is better with four. It is really fun if you like Cthulhu stuff.

Elder Sign is a good one that even plays solo.

XCOM: The Board Game is good, but can be really difficult. It also plays a bit better with four, but is doable with two.

I have heard good things about, but haven't played, Codenames: Duet.

I have heard good things about the Forbidden games. I will need to look into those. Codenames seems to be a popular one also.

My wife hates playing Scrabble with me, I always come up with what she considers “questionable” words...lol

My wife hates playing Scrabble with me, I always come up with what she considers “questionable” words...lol

My first fight with my wife was over a Scrabble game eons ago! I spelled a word that I legitimately thought was correct.....well I won't rehash that
1f606.png

I have a list of games I'm banned from playing. Monopoly among them. I'm super skilled at picking up the nonverbals / body language of people and use it to my advantage. What got me banned from Monopoly was the time I came back from near bankruptcy - mortgaged to the hilt and won the whole thing through talking family members into deals that ended up putting me on top and bankrupting them in the end. I seriously felt bad after winning.

With that said, we all just played the board game Don't Wake Daddy. I came in last place but everyone had fun.

Anything by Fantasy Flight Games under the realm of Living Card games sounds right up your alley.

My wife and i have played the Lord of the Rings game and a few of the expansions, a lot of fun. They also have Game of Thrones themed games, Star Wars, etc.

You can also play these games one player, if you wish. Much more fun with a partner though!

Whoa! Welcome to the TSC Colin. Start a new thread an introduce yourself to the Cadre!

Anything by Fantasy Flight Games under the realm of Living Card games sounds right up your alley.

My wife and i have played the Lord of the Rings game and a few of the expansions, a lot of fun. They also have Game of Thrones themed games, Star Wars, etc.

You can also play these games one player, if you wish. Much more fun with a partner though!

Several of the Living Card Games (tm) are competitive games. The ones that are specifically co-op are Lord of the Rings and Arkham Horror.

Back