The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Blackland Vector....WOW!!!

The Monkey

"I See the Good in Every Shave"
Legacy
I bowed out of the Pass around due to having one sent my way to try.

This razor is light. I'm use to heavy razors and heavy handles. I actually prefer a razor with some heft... sort of razors with some junk in the trunk.
all-about-that-bass.png

The Vector is the Twiggy of the SE world.

Twiggy.jpg

I loaded it with a Proline razor. I find this blade to be smoother than the Feather Pros and since this is my first shave with this razor I decided to play it safe. You load the blade onto the tabs on the cap. The fit is tight as it takes a little pressure to get it to snap into place. One in and tightened up the blade is secure and spot on centered.

I lathered up with the TSC anniversary brush with the timerwolf knot (very nice brush!!!!). I whipped up the CBL Ghost Banana (Very nice soap, the label after getting wet though looks like Tammy Faye after she was caught in a rain storm.)
giphy.gif

The first stroke was an eye opener. I was afraid of getting the wrong angle and slicing myself. This fear was utterly uncalled for. The razor just seemed to line itself up. The second and third stroke were no different. This is a simple razor to use and it is made for speed! It is so maneuverable and nimble. I found the more strokes I took the faster I went.

Audi-R20-5.png

Not a nick, not a cut. I would place this as an aggressive razor but though it removes a nice amount of stubble per stroke it doesn't have much blade feel. It is just smooth and glides just effortlessly. This must be classed as efficient and effective and not so much aggressive.

Three passes were done in a flash. It took care of all the curves and nooks with ease. Even under my nose was a cinch. This it probably more information than you need to know but my stache goes right up into my nostrils and a lot of razors have a difficult time reaching this spot but not a problem the Vector (How is this for a run on sentence?)

I know this is just my first shave but I am impressed. If the next few shaves are like this one my RX is going up for sale to provide the funds for a Vector!

Screen-Shot-2014-11-13-at-7.31.57-PM.png

This razor is light. I'm use to heavy razors and heavy handles. I actually prefer a razor with some heft... sort of razors with some junk in the trunk.
all-about-that-bass.png

Twiggy.jpg

I loaded it with a Proline razor. I find this blade to be smoother than the Feather Pros and since this is my first shave with this razor I decided to play it safe. You load the blade onto the tabs on the cap. The fit is tight as it takes a little pressure to get it to snap into place. One in and tightened up the blade is secure and spot on centered.

I lathered up with the TSC anniversary brush with the timerwolf knot (very nice brush!!!!). I whipped up the CBL Ghost Banana (Very nice soap, the label after getting wet though looks like Tammy Faye after she was caught in a rain storm.)
giphy.gif

The first stroke was an eye opener. I was afraid of getting the wrong angle and slicing myself. This fear was utterly uncalled for. The razor just seemed to line itself up. The second and third stroke were no different. This is a simple razor to use and it is made for speed! It is so maneuverable and nimble. I found the more strokes I took the faster I went.

Audi-R20-5.png

Not a nick, not a cut. I would place this as an aggressive razor but though it removes a nice amount of stubble per stroke it doesn't have much blade feel. It is just smooth and glides just effortlessly. This must be classed as efficient and effective and not so much aggressive.

Three passes were done in a flash. It took care of all the curves and nooks with ease. Even under my nose was a cinch. This it probably more information than you need to know but my stache goes right up into my nostrils and a lot of razors have a difficult time reaching this spot but not a problem the Vector (How is this for a run on sentence?)

I know this is just my first shave but I am impressed. If the next few shaves are like this one my RX is going up for sale to provide the funds for a Vector!

Wow, awesome review John

mine is on its way and for me to buy anything other that a straight..... you guys better be right

all-about-that-bass.png

Twiggy.jpg

giphy.gif

Audi-R20-5.png

Uh Oh! Looks like somebody got bit..... HARD.

Second shave in the books and the shave was the same as the first. I love the feel and maneuverabilityof the razor. Still a quick shave without a nick or cut.
I have found one flaw though, the longevity of the shave. At about 10 hours I'm feeling stubble. I'm guessing this is the trade off for such a light razor. I'm going to try a Feather Pro Super and see if the extra blade width will step things up a notch or not.
I was able to sell my RX and just ordered the Vector, a great trade for my needs.

Well I put a Feather Professional Super in the Vector this morning hoping it would turns things up a notch. Well it sure did. The Blade feel reminded me of the El Jefe. It is still as nimble as before but you know that it is ready to go to town! Three passes went by (I could have stopped at 2). I had a few weepers, nothing serious and a slash of cold water mostly took care of it and a wipe of the alum block stopped the blood totally.
Did it help with the longevity you might ask. Yes it did. I'm looking at over 13 hours and am just feeling stubble. If the Vector has a fan club I would like to join it,

Well I put a Feather Professional Super in the Vector this morning hoping it would turns things up a notch. Well it sure did. The Blade feel reminded me of the El Jefe. It is still as nimble as before but you know that it is ready to go to town! Three passes went by (I could have stopped at 2). I had a few weepers, nothing serious and a slash of cold water mostly took care of it and a wipe of the alum block stopped the blood totally.
Did it help with the longevity you might ask. Yes it did. I'm looking at over 13 hours and am just feeling stubble. If the Vector has a fan club I would like to join it,
Nice John !! Still waiting on my shipping notice............

Back