The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo Game #51 - The Musical

Also, as a teaser tomorrow’s theme was going to be “I don’t normally listen to (insert music genre), but I love this song!”

You would complete that sentence by naming the genre and then posting the song.

Oh well.

Also, as a teaser tomorrow’s theme was going to be “I don’t normally listen to (insert music genre), but I love this song!”

Oh well.
Sounds like it would have been fun tomorrow also...

I listen to every genre of music. This would have been very tough.

Dang. 2 away from Bingo, 4 away from Blackout. @NurseDave must have missed some calls, surely he had a blackout by now...

Congrats Jimmy. And Thanks Eric (I think) for a [fun] game. You always make it interesting, that's for sure.

View attachment 114053
Thanks KJ... I got very lucky this time. I had 2 spots open last night and when I got to pick a bonus call last night I had to really think about it and even asked my wife and kids which they would pick and they All said the same one I was thinking so I picked it and then today when I saw our former ( this game ) wizards open call I knew I had made the right call last night... I guess I could say that came at the " PERFECT " time...

I listen to every genre of music. This would have been very tough.
Do you listen to every genre all the time? Certainly, there's a genre or two that you "don't normally" listen to.

@NurseDave must have missed some calls, surely he had a blackout by now
I may have missed some. I didn’t get all of today’s. But I haven’t gotten many good calls the last few days.

B3DF954F-FA35-4A35-A1B5-D9A96AA68601.jpeg

I listen to what ever is on. Most of the electronic music I'm familiar with but don't know who anyone is. I wouldn't say that I listen to every genre everyday...That would be time consuming....but I hardly ever turn something off if it comes on and I don't recognize it. I believe that the 4-6 minutes hearing something you've never heard before can be either a few minutes of Meh or a life changing revelation. Music is life.

a lot of the inspiration for the harder puzzles came from Dr. Code (yes his real name!):

David Løberg Code (2023) Can musical encryption be both? A survey of
music-based ciphers, Cryptologia, 47:4, 318-364, DOI: 10.1080/01611194.2021.2021565 To link to this article: https://doi.org/10.1080/01611194.2021.2021565

Big shout out to the Hofstra university librarians and Inter Library Loan that were able to get me this article!

Some of the article is summarized (and free to access) here:

Back