The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo Game #51 - The Musical

Because Eric peer pressured me and I didn't want to be bullied.

Copy/Paste:

Bingo Game #51 Signups

CALLER: EMG06

1. Spider
2. Heysi
3. BarberDave
4. MarkB
5. BowtieRN
6. BobMCk
7. NurseDave

Copy/Paste:

Bingo Game #51 Signups

CALLER: EMG06

1. Spider
2. Heysi
3. BarberDave
4. MarkB
5. BowtieRN
6. BobMCk
7. NurseDave
8. Jaro1069

Maybe you won't be as devious as Spider was as a caller, but I have a feeling you're going to be even more so! ; )

Thank you KJ! Yes, game 38 was very puzzle heavy (and completely self contained; all calls/puzzles located in the thread for anyone to go back and see them). My second game, the players made all the calls.

I personally don’t particularly enjoy the check everything I’ve written or maybe I’ll use a Time Machine and make you look at everything I wrote yesterday type of calls. I’d rather you see the problem right in front of you, and then be confronted with the challenge of solving it. So not trying to be devious, but I might try to be clever.

Last edited:
As a reminder, if you want a chance at getting the opportunity to make a bonus call, you must post a song in this thread that is a response to the theme of the day, and you must vote on who should win people's choice (can't vote for your own song). Only one song posted per day. Any song posted must comply with the Shaving Cadres TOU. If you feel that the perfect song exists, but that is NSFW due to lyrics or subject matter, please just post the artist and song title, and I promise I'll go and listen to it (as long as I can find it on AppleMusic, Youtube, Spotify, etc.).

Any questions about game play, ask away!

Good morning Bingo Players!

Welcome to the start of our musical adventure!

Your opening call is :
IMG_0175.jpeg

Today is Juneteenth! A celebration of the extension of the promises of life, liberty, and happiness to all Americans and the end of slavery.

Yes, the historian in me would rather see a celebration of the ratification of the Civil War Amendments as the true celebration, but that happened in December (the 18th in fact) so I get why a summer holiday makes more sense.

A little more history; this holiday started in the state of
IMG_0176.png
And has since become a Federal Holiday.

Today’s musical theme is FREEDOM!
So post up your one song choice that makes you think of Freedom.

For me, it’s in Beethoven’s 5 when Herr B. goes from movement 3 (where the fate theme dah-dah-dah-dum) is still holding him down to movement 4 when suddenly he bursts free and the movement 4 allegro takes off (happens between the 4 - 5 minute mark in this excellent performance):

5 calls today, all posted!
Eric the Bingo Wizard

Last edited:
I’ll leave ya’ll to battle who can post Sweet Home Alabama or that America song by Lee Greenwood first. I’ll take a sweaty Cindy Crawford in a bathtub on MTV as a teenager.

I’m 2/5 today. Dr Bones? More like Dr Can’t Call Friggin Bingo.

Completely different kind of Freedom.

After decades of taking mental and physical abuse from Ike Turner, Tina fled one night and eventually remade herself. While this song isn't directly about that freedom...it definitely represents Tina reveling in that new-found Freedom to be the artist and woman that she had always deserved to be. She even looks like she's happy.

Back