The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo Game #39 - The T.M.I. Trivia Edition

heysi

“I like Glitter Covered Tortilla Chips”
Concierge
Welcome to TSC Bingo #39

The T.M.I. Trivia Edition

I thought I would try something new. Our devious previous Bingo caller shared some info about himself on a few occasions throughout his game and that got me thinking……Do any of us really know each other? Maybe…but I’m sure few of you really know ME.

Well, here’s a way for you to learn about ME. I’m a collector of great stories. I love that I’ve lived a few strange and unusual adventures and I love to tell people about the things that have happened to ME (it’s really all about ME for the entirety of this game). So, I’m adding a trivia element to this game. I will be posting 4 calls each week day (I do need my beauty sleep on the weekends plus I have stuff to do at home) but I will also be drawing a player through the use of a random number generator who will get to play a quick trivia game about ME. If the randomly selected player gets the trivia answer correct…They get to pick the 5th Bingo call of the day. Of course, the 5th call could help more that just that player but that’s what makes this so exciting. I will post 2 “facts” about ME but only one of them is true. Guess correctly and you could be one number closer to being the next Bingo Wizard. If you’re lucky enough to be a contestant later in the game, you could pick your own winning number.

So, is everybody ready to learn more than you ever care to know about ME?

Too bad….Here we go…..

1. Sign-ups are open starting right now. You may still sign up for up to a week after the game starts (if you want to play catch up). The first call will be on Monday February 21st, 2022.

2. You must be a TSC member in good standing, with at least 10 meaningful posts. Hopefully this will encourage at least some of our newer members to jump in!

3. Spirited banter is highly encouraged, but be a gentleman in all interactions.

4. Calls will be Standard American Bingo Hall calls, consisting of the Letters: B, I, N, G, or O and their corresponding Numbers: 1-75 (Examples: B2, I18, N42, G55, O69). Numbers found without the corresponding letter are not valid calls. The random letters in a file name of a photo or GIF will not be a valid call. I don’t want to be double checking the names of every file I upload!

5. There will be at least 4 calls per weekday (no calls on the weekend), unless the randomly selected player gets the trivia answer correct, in which case that player will select the 5th call of the day. The player can guess on the forum or send me a direct message (either way works) but I will post the correct answer after the player has guessed so everyone can learn a bit about ME. I will then send that player a direct message and find out what number they select and post it for all to see….after they have marked it on their card. In the event that their pick is the winning number for their card, they will need to wait until I post the number before they can declare they have a winner (just to be fair to the rest of the players).

Calls will be found in one of Heysi’s posts/activities for the given day, anywhere within the TSC Forum. Remember, if you see a Bingo Number in one of Heysi’s posts it is a call! If an unintentional call was made (and can be proved valid), it will be honored.

Calls may be posted all at once, or throughout the course of any given day. The caller will state when all calls are available for that day.

6. Calls can occur in a variety of ways:

Plain Text calls, typed directly or hidden within a post. Puzzles, Word Games, Photo, video, numeric, code, alternate Languages, audio, encryption, steganography, links to external sources, or graphic representation of calls may be employed (but seriously….I’m not gonna make it that hard).

Calls may be encoded or hidden in puzzles, requiring the player to decode or solve to determine the actual call. Nope….not gonna subject any of the weary and beaten down players of the last game to any puzzles. It was fun to stretch those brain muscles but this is going to be a bit of a lighter, relaxing game (You’re the best @EMG06 ).

(If, at any point, you are stumped you may contact the caller or another player by PM for help).

I’m not a fan of the time machine, (strange when you consider I have 3 Back To The Future DeLoreans on my desk at work!) so I won’t be using the ability to edit old posts to make calls that way.

7. Bingo cards: Each player will receive 1 Card, which will be sent via PM before the game begins unless you sign up after the game begins. I will allow sign-ups to continue during the first week of the game only or until extra cards run out. You may print out your cards, or keep it digital. As calls are received mark them on your cards.

8. Since this game is all about ME and my name starts with an S, to win, you will need the exact S pattern on your card shown on the example below. Once you believe you have a bingo you must type "TSC BINGO" in this thread. The first person to call TSC BINGO wins the game (There are no ties). Then you must submit a photo of your card in this thread, for verification by the caller, before it is official. If it is not a good Bingo, play will resume.

"S" pattern example:

BGLetterS-2__49155.1597518418.png

9. The winner of this game will receive the following:

The highly coveted Bingo Wizard Badge and bragging rights!

The honor of being the caller of the next Bingo game (to be started within 4 weeks of winning--no bogarting the badge!).
An additional prize may be offered at the discretion of the caller (callers are not required to offer a prize). See below for more on prizes this game.

10. These rules must be posted by the caller before each game, edited for the specifics of their game.

11. If you have any questions, or if any rule needs clarification, let the caller know. The caller has the final say in any questions, disputes, or clarifications regarding calls/rules.

12. Have Fun! Or, Go Crazy! But..... Why Not Both??

Ok, that's the small print. Now here is the important part of this game (well, beyond getting the coveted Bingo Wizard badge bestowed upon you)…the prize part!

I live in the Entertainment Capital of the World (or at least that what the convention and visitors authority insists that we say).... But we all know that Vegas is the best place in the world for tacky souvenirs....Lighters with naked ladies on them, monogramed decks of cards, t-shirts that look like you just got out of the Clark County detention facility, shot glasses with your name printed across the front. The winner of this game will get a grab bag of the stuff I think best represents the kind of Vegas that Dino, Frank and Sammy would have loved. Tacky and goofy. Loud and fun....heck, I may even throw in some Vegas Golden Knights swag so you can join the rest of us cheering on the best hockey team in the world.......but at the very least, you'll never forget that you won this Bingo game.

(please copy and paste everything below this line)
----------------------------------------------------

Caller: Heysi - Hi, everyone!

(add additional spaces if necessary)

Sheeeeeoooooot! Sign me up! Sounds like fun!

1. GearNoir

1. GearNoir
2. NurseDave

1. GearNoir
2. NurseDave
3. Scuttlesoap

@heysi I will look at this as an opportunity to guide you to the Flyers as an alternative to your hockey team. If I’m miserable - so you should be as well 😂

Well, here’s a way for you to learn about ME. I’m a collector of great stories. I love that I’ve lived a few strange and unusual adventures and I love to tell people about the things that have happened to ME (it’s really all about ME for the entirety of this game).
FDE1D5A0-3151-43B8-83FC-CFC26ECE7395.jpeg
Calls may be encoded or hidden in puzzles, requiring the player to decode or solve to determine the actual call. Nope….not gonna subject any of the weary and beaten down players of the last game to any puzzles. It was fun to stretch those brain muscles but this is going to be a bit of a lighter, relaxing game (You’re the best @EMG06 ).
Thanks!!

1. GearNoir
2. NurseDave
3. Scuttlesoap
4. EMG06

1. GearNoir
2. NurseDave
3. Scuttlesoap
4. EMG06
5. Spider

1. GearNoir
2. NurseDave
3. Scuttlesoap
4. EMG06
5. Spider
6. Quijote

1. GearNoir
2. NurseDave