The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo Game #37 - Revenge or Redemption?

View attachment 70565
My amazing prize arrived yesterday from @GearNoir

Thanks for making a guy feel special!
Great! I hope you enjoy!

Now that you’ve got it…I can share the annoying Mad Hatter shop story. (Yes this item is genuinely from Disneyland!)

I tried to get Bingo Wizard embroidered on it, everyone working the counter was like “Oh that’s so fun” “so cool!”…but according to the one clerk helping me that day, after taking to her manager and making a call, 5 minutes later…it’s not on the “approved” list of words that can be used. So I said…ok, how about “wizard”? Again, takes with the manager. The answer came back a couple minutes later…nope, also not on the “approved” list. Ooooookaaaaayyyy…how about “Bingo Champion”? Nope, can’t do that either. Well what CAN you do then? We might be able to do “champion”. Fine! Do champion! Back to the manager to check and make sure. A couple minutes later, yea we can do “champion”. So great! Thanks! Not! 😂

Super annoying at the time…funny story now 😂

I tried to get Bingo Wizard embroidered on it, everyone working the counter was like “Oh that’s so fun” “so cool!”…but according to the one clerk helping me that day, after taking to her manager and making a call, 5 minutes later…it’s not on the “approved” list of words that can be used. So I said…ok, how about “wizard”? Again, takes with the manager. The answer came back a couple minutes later…nope, also not on the “approved” list.
I wonder what is so controversial about the words “Bingo” and “Wizard” on a hat. I mean it’s not like Disney has shied away from Wizards in their movies of the past 🤔 I wonder if “Bingo Sorcerer” would’ve made it past the Disneyland censors?

When you go on a Disney Cruise they announce each family as they board and have staff lined up clapping to greet you. They lean over and ask your family name so they can repeat it in the mic. I said “Princess Tia (my wife) and family). They asked a few more times because they can’t announce anyone as being a princess.

When you go on a Disney Cruise they announce each family as they board and have staff lined up clapping to greet you. They lean over and ask your family name so they can repeat it in the mic. I said “Princess Tia (my wife) and family). They asked a few more times because they can’t announce anyone as being a princess.
Well WTH are we even paying for then?
4D198663-7DEF-4530-8DDD-3232677888E0.gif

Bingo is gambling…. That’s probably frowned upon at Disney.

Bingo is gambling…. That’s probably frowned upon at Disney.
Ok sure maybe. And Wizard? Too close to a title used historically by the Klan? Or is it too reminiscent of the “Wizarding World” attractions owned by Universal Studios perhaps?

Either way. Super cool second bonus prize was a tub of TSC Bingo Bomb soap!
7F0F48F7-C835-4680-8E7B-3534E3F919AA.jpeg
Smell off the puck at this point reminds me of Banana Boat suntan lotion, I feel like there is a story behind this and I’m going to use my search function to try and find it out (now that wife/child have fallen asleep for the night).

And Wizard?
My guess, since Disney won’t let you call yourself a princess, then Wizard might be a similar “title” they don’t want you calling yourself officially, since there are wizards in some of their movies.

Smell off the puck at this point reminds me of Banana Boat suntan lotion, I feel like there is a story behind this and I’m going to use my search function to try and find it out (now that wife/child have fallen asleep for the night).
Not too much of a story. Chris came up with the scent for me as a prize during…I think it was my first game calling, back when his pineapple/cilantro soap was a big hit and his graphite base was his most recent creation.

I get a pina colada type vibe off it. It has a cooling effect to the base too. Pretty fun!

I can only imagine a Disney Lawyer waiting patiently by the phone, night and day, for a questionably stitched name to be submitted at the novelty hat shop.....

....Then having to go through the "Absolutely NOT List".....

....and then delivering @GearNoir the bad news....

....and poor @GearNoir receiving the bad news....

...and scene!

I can only imagine a Disney Lawyer waiting patiently by the phone, night and day, for a questionably stitched name to be submitted at the novelty hat shop.....

....Then having to go through the "Absolutely NOT List".....

....and then delivering @GearNoir the bad news....

....and poor @GearNoir receiving the bad news....

...and scene!
Surprisingly accurate!
563097B6-0088-48EB-8392-0987E634CA0C.gif

Back