The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo Call #34: The Terrible Reign of King ScuttleSoap

Let me first state that I could never live up to the great @NurseDave and his expertise in Bingo Game Calling…I can only hope to remain in his shadow……he has set a high precedent…

With that said……

The theme will be 1970’s & 1980’s Pop Culture. Paraphrasing (or borrowing) @NurseDave’s description on Wizamets in the last game, 70’s & 80’s Decades - “They’re the best. No Reason to argue that, everyone agrees.”

In reading some of the banter from previous games, I understand that word or phrase bingo may have run its course is not a novel idea. Therefore, I will use standard calls, but explain the theme in the rules.

I also see that disdain towards the Caller is expected and demanded of this game. I will relish your contempt and take wear it proudly as a badge of honor - for I am your Bingo King. Now you may think - “Hey, the power went to ScuttleSoap’s head, he was appointed Bingo Wizard, we never agreed to a King!” You should know that the Great Bingo Council has convened and has ruled that you may not have voted for a King, but…

1628532515014.gif

I will regain the power back for my successive Bingo Callers so that they look back on my reign will great joy.

So please bring on your gripes and complaints because…..I’m gonna twist ya…and I’m gonna to flip ya…and….

1628532560541.gif

Last edited:
Onto the rules:

1. Sign-ups are open today and will go through Sunday, 15 August 2021 @ 12;00 PM EDT. The first call will be on Monday, August 16th.

2. You must be a TSC member in good standing, with at least 1 meaningful posts.

3. Spirited banter is highly encouraged, but be a gentleman in all interactions.

4. Calls will be Standard American Bingo Hall calls, consisting of the Letters: B, I, N, G, or O and their corresponding Numbers: 1-75 (Examples: B2, I18, N42, G55, O69). Numbers found without the corresponding letter are not valid calls.

5. There will be at least 3 calls per day, if more than 3 calls are posted the caller will state how many have been or will be posted that day. Calls will be found in one of ScuttleSoaps’s posts/activities for the given day, anywhere within the TSC Forum. Remember, if you see a Bingo Number in one of ScuttleSoap’s posts it is a call(see #6).

Calls may be posted all at once, or throughout the course of any given day. The caller will state when all calls are available for that day.

6. Calls will occur in the following way:

* A picture, meme, or GIF using a 1970’s or 1980’s pop culture reference will be displayed. The picture, meme, or GIF will be preceded AND succeeded by the following emoji ☎️.

* Text or graphic representation of calls may be employed in addition or supplementing the above.

*All calls will be big and easy to see. The only way you will not find them is if you just aren't trying. Given this, and the fact that you can miss a call and still win, there will not be any recaps.

7. Bingo cards: Each player will receive one (1) Card, which will be sent via PM before the game begins. You may print out your card, or keep it digital. As calls are received mark them on your cards.

8. To win, you will need a plain ole bingo pattern on your card. Horizontal, vertical, diagonal I don't care. Just 5 marked boxes in a straight row. Once you believe you have a bingo you must type "TSC BINGO" in this thread. The first person to call TSC BINGO wins the game (There are no ties). Then you must submit a photo of your card in this thread, for verification by the caller, before it is official. If it is not a good Bingo, play will resume.

9. The winner of this game will receive the following:

* The highly coveted Bingo Wizard Badge and bragging rights!

* The honor of being the caller of the next Bingo game (to be started within 4 weeks of winning--no bogarting the badge!).

* An additional prize may be offered at the discretion of the caller (callers are not required to offer a prize)

10. These rules must be posted by the caller before each game, edited for the specifics of their game.

11. If you have any questions, or if any rule needs clarification, let the caller know. The caller has the final say in any questions, disputes, or clarifications regarding calls/rules.

12. Have Fun! Oh, and…………

1628534077851.gif

Grand Prize:

* A straight razor from the collection of none other than our very own @Luecke3262. He has so graciously agreed to sell me one of razors and I will also pay for shipping from his abode. If in the case that he wins, we’ve agreed on an alternative prize of equal value. Pictures, make & model to be displayed in a later post.

Additional prizes:

* One (1) $30 gift certificate from The Razor Company (https://www.therazorcompany.com) - lots of goodies to choose from and any order over $20 is free shipping - so the entire gift certificate will go towards whatever you choose (plus any associated taxes) so you get more bang for you buck.

* One (1) $30 gift certificate from Ginger’s Garden. I chose her because she has all sorts of shaving and personal care (shave soaps, shave sticks, aftershave, EdTs, bath soaps, shampoo, skin care) and many, many scents to choose from. And, if you should do desire - you can request a bespoke scent for no extra charge.

Note: The gift certificates (per my discussions with the vendors) - will be an an electronic alphanumeric code to add on their website (like a promo or coupon code)- there will not be a physical card sent. I will PM it to you.

I reserve the right to add (but will not subtract) additional smaller gifts throughout the game embedded with the call.

****oh, and just to sweeten the pot - I just got off the phone with The Razor Company - and they gave me an additional $20 gift card - just to thank the Cadre (I told them what I was doing with the gift certificate) - so during the course of the game - before it ends - I will select one player at random using a random generator app - and PM the code to that in-game winner. Winning this intermediate prize does NOT preclude you from winning it all. You have the possibility of winning both********

Who's ready for an easy game with big prizes?

1628534437056.jpeg

Copy/Paste:

*****************************************************************************************************************************Bingo Game #34 Sign ups

CALLER: Bingo King ScuttleSoap

This is fun already! Nice setup Brian!

*****************************************************************************************************************************Bingo Game #34 Sign ups

1. GearNoir (first sacrifice)

2. BarberDave

Bingo Game #34 Sign ups

2. BarberDave
3. EMG06

This is fun already! Nice setup Brian!

This dude is in Hawaii and hanging out on the forums. I knew I should have gone instead!

Game on!

2. BarberDave
3. EMG06
4. OpusX

Game on!

2. BarberDave
3. EMG06
4. OpusX
5. Fenster

Holy Shnikes! Those are some serious prizes! But honestly...this game looks stupid fun! Emphasis on stupid...I think? Anyway...thanks for hosting Brain!

2. BarberDave
3. EMG06
4. OpusX
5. Fenster

Longest lead in ever! Took 6 posts to get on with it. Geez. I hope his calls aren’t that slow!

2. BarberDave
3. EMG06
4. OpusX
5. Fenster
6. Spider

Back